Twelve.

Comment on each paragraph for rapid updates...

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

"That wasn't what we fucking planned, Betsy!" Fatima almost screamed into the phone as she paced the length of her room. The whole borough should feel her wrath.

She just came back from the scene that has happened with Ahmad and Betsy but the fact that Betsy didn't agree to report the case to the police station made Fatima very angry. They agreed that they will send him to the station even if it is just to ruin his name in a corrosive way and not let him off the hook with just the maids hollering their protests. Betsy had to bring it to cessation, damn it.

What good would that do to her? The maids in her house hardly leave the house, the guards will not tell a soul outside since everything in the Babagana mansion is strictly confidential. And her half siblings, those bunch of foolish children won't say a thing either, they'll act like they don't know what happened where the witch of stepmother steps, she adores her nephew too much to spoil his name.

And then what? Is she the one to spread out rumours about the man? No one would believe her because clearly, something had transpired between them which the society might already know about already. All in all, Betsy has ruined their plan without a second thought to what Fatima might feel. She actually feels betrayed by her friend, she chose Ahmad over her.

Call her clingy, she is starting to feel ciguatera within her belly.

Is that insecurity or jealousy? Maybe the tinge half bit of all of them, she feels them all at the same time. She's always been insecure since she grew up alone, with no one to console her not that she needed any one, or so she thought. Now that she's found a friend or two, she is clinging to them like a goddamn koala bear and she hates it. That defines just how weak she really is. And it should change.

"I couldn't do it, Maah. I just realised that it was a foolish thing to do when it was too late. That parley should end the way I left it." A sigh escaped Betsy, she massaged her head to cool down the growing migraine.

"The fuck was too late, Bet? You realised after I've plotted everything? Are you fucking kidding me right now?" Fatima scowled, her lips setting a deep snarl that would've put a wolf's to shame.

"You need to li-" Fatima cut her off with a growl, it sounds so animal like that Betsy kept quiet to confirm if her friend just made that sound. She's never seen or heard that side of Fatima and it would've been a huge lie if she will say it didn't frighten her.

"Don't fucking tell me anything! You know how much this means to me but you took his side, didn't you? What is it about him that you want so badly?" Fatima would've normally hang up the phone by now but she wants to know. Whatever it is that he has will be ruined so her friend won't turn into a fiend.

God, things are just getting influxed into her system without her permission.

"Listen to me now, Maah!" Betsy's voice is no more cozy or placating, it is stern and glacier. "That man is an ACP, a very respected one too at that. Even if we take the case to the station, they'd either dismiss it or do all they can to prove us wrong and then what? Your reputation will be smeared and that is something I cannot afford. You may have forgotten that your name is always at the top list of people to be inundated in trouble and scandal, we should maintain that a bit. He will look at you as a loser when it is all over. You get that?"

Fatima went quiet, her head jeering out the things Betsy just said and ended up believing that she is right. That would've happened and she won't like her plan getting foiled from the other end. It's better that Betsy ended it, they quit and he didn't know they did that, that won't hurt much. She is still furious though, she might not get some sleep for the night.