Forty One.

Now that I was bullied into updating, abeg lemme wake up with a nice review about what you think of the book so far. I might update five times tomorrow if I'm motivated, you never know😂❤️

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

Ahmad ran out of the room in panic, he's never felt such fear gripping at his guts like he did at this moment. His eyes searched widely around the vicinity to find the voice of Fatima shouting in pain at the top of her lungs. He rushed to the stairs where the voice is coming from and found Fatima sitting idly on the last step holding her leg in front of her like she's just broken it.

She is muttering a few words and supplication and had he not being so concerned, her would've stared at her is amazement at the fact that she is using supplications instead of curse words but he may have talked -in this cursed thought- a little earlier because the curse words rained just as he reached her.

"Oh fucking hell! It hurts so much." She muttered again, her hand holding on her leg to do what he doesn't know but he knew she was in real pain. His eyes accessed the situation at hand, trying to find what is really wrong with the damsel.

Understanding dawned on him, this could only be one thing. "Leg cramp?" She gritted her teeth and nodded sharply, her eyes closed tight too but liquid lined it like kohl.

Pale and shaking, Fatima caught at her leg, while her face contorted with agony. A twisting spasm in her thigh muscle caused her to groan through her clenched teeth. She's never had to go through that thing in her life since she runs whenever she gets time to but today, it had to happen and all she could say about muscle cramp is that it hurts like a son of a bitch and she is about to go crazy if this pain doesn't stop. How could something so small cause such intense pain? She is sure even heartbreak won't come close to this pain she is feeling, that is a hundred percent reassurance to those that are about to get their hearts broken.

He bent over her, frowning with concern. His quiet voice was threaded with urgency. "You are going to have to stay still and show me the exact location, hmm?" She nodded again, keeping the flash drive in her hand to point at her thigh where she could feel the muscle pulling and cramped.

She felt Ahmad's hand slide lightly up her leg, the warmth of his skin sinking through the thin fabric of her gown as he searched for the knotting, twitching muscle. "Here we are. Hold your breath for a bit and close your eyes tighter." Obeying, Fatima felt him roll his palm strongly over the muscle. She nearly yelped at the burst of searing fire in her leg, and then suddenly it eased, leaving her weak with relief.

When she finally got her voice after two good minutes of Ahmad massaging the place to keep the dull ache there, she whispered. "Bloody hell! What sort of pain was that?" She grimaced remembering how she's shouted at the top of her lungs and how the pain almost blinded her to the point of no return, she isn't kidding too.

Ahmad stopped kneading her thigh and remove his hand from her thigh, finally remembering her is touching her somewhere intimate. Watching her with keen eyes, she looks disheveled from the pain, her eyes still filled with tears that didn't get to roll down her cheeks. He concluded that Fatima cannot handle pain but how the heck did she go through endometriosis half her life if not more? Except if the pain he's read about is nothing but a sham. How could that be though? He's seen her fall to the ground and lose consciousness due to the pain so it certainly true and Fatima os stronger than she is giving herself credit to.

"You may have done a little activity that is out of your comfort zone." He answered her previous question, his eyes never leaving her face and she raise her eyes to look at him with questions marring them.