Sixty Six.

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

"It's today!" Fatima beamed as soon as she awoke around seven in the morning. She's murmured how excited she was when she woke up earlier to pray fajr with but now, she is in full excitement mood.

Ahmad smiled at her, a proud one that made her insides turn mushy and her smile to deflate a little, her chest fluttering uneasily. She is finally graduating from college after what seems like decades and also as the valedictorian of the year. Her exams were extremely good since it's either A or A with distinction, that's always been her result with GP high up to the sky. Oh Fatima cannot wait to give her speech and further see what Ahmad is going to surprise her with. With this sort of smile on his face, she'd think he is about to gift her the world.

"Congratulations again. How many times have I said that already?" He drew her closer to him and press a gentle kiss against her forehead, Fatima's lips stretching like elastic. She snuggled into the warmth his body is producing because the weather is just too chilly today making her wonder how they are going to cope with it outside.

They won't be able to do it in the school hall because the people graduating this year are too much hence they are going to use the football field outside the school. Wherever it is the event will take place Fatima won't mind, as long as she will talk and leave the place. Whether or not they are going to permit her to speak like every other valedictorian -she's never been to their graduation to know how things work- she's always planned her way through everything. The emcee himself will call out to her even if he is not asked to, the power of money and good connection.

Fatima stood off the bed and made her way to the bathroom then stopped to holler at Ahmad from the door. "Bring out my outfit here. I want to dress in front of you." She gave him a naughty wink then close the door behind her whistling in her head.

Ahmad did as he was asked and place them leisurely on the bed. From her shoes, bra, underwear, accessories, bag and graduation gown given to them by the school. He cannot wait for the day to begin albeit he is not doing anything too great for her, he wants to see her reaction to being surprised for the first time in her life or is it adulthood? Whatever it is, he wants to see her smile whether she's deeply happy or just acting. He smiled at himself, he's found out she has Adda mama's blood in her when it comes to acting but that's never around him. She expresses her feelings whenever she is around him but with other people, she should be given an award.

He's noticed that she is trying to get out of her shell and be nice to people but it's hard since they won't stop infuriating her with too much probing, curious questions and stupid ones too. She sometimes fake a smile that Ahmad could clearly read as ' if only I can murder you in front of these people' then force herself to calm down and give them befitting answers. They will go back to the side and start wondering whether or not she was being nice of petty, no one can tell with Fatima Musa Babagana.

That reminds him, her parents are here in Nigeria and they are going to be in the crowd during the graduation cheering for her. He got a call day before yesterday in the afternoon while Fatima was away getting all she needs for her graduation while he did the same. They agreed to give each other space so the other won't know about the surprise they are planning. Ahmad raised a brow at her then but then agreed. He was sure he would've still worked, she might even see his chart but won't ever know what he is going to do. That's just him, a police officer.

Back to the phone call. He is used to taking strange and unknown numbers whenever possible so he didn't hesitate to pick that one call too from Musa Babagana. "Hello?"

It was quiet from the other end as if they were not expecting him to answer the call. He pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance, few nanoseconds away from hanging up if they don't talk. "Hello, ACP." Ahmad knew instantly that this is Musa Babagana talking.