Sixty Four.

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

Adda mama is about to leave the house, in just a few minutes. She's packed everything along with Raheeb, finally going to give the couple space. She's tried all she could to get close to Ahmad but she is not sure whether it's worked or not, he is still indifferent. Maybe she should think about forcing herself into his life through another way but not this one. The couple clearly need space and Fatima won't hesitate to tell them about it.

Adda mama sighed ruefully, she is going to miss cooking food for them and wonder how they are going to work things through now without her help. Who will cook the food since Ahmad hasn't recovered fully? She smiled, a ghost one because that is enough for Ahmad to keep remembering her for so many days to come and might even call her back to stay in the house, she wouldn't though. Fatima is now her daughter in law, some things can just never be the same. They won't be able to share those moments, gossiping about her husband knowing he is her son.

Maybe after everything is settled back in place and their lives are no more shaking like a jelly in a plate. When things are better, pasts settled and emotions in check, they can revive that relationship with vigor. The space she is about to give them is more related to her brother and his wife, she's talked to them just yesterday on phone. She's been contemplating whether to talk to Fatima about them or not then decided against it, she doesn't want to ruin the girls mood when she is now happy for the first time.

Musa called her yesterday to tell her about how things are going there in France with his wife Zaituna. "We are going to a therapist and so far, things are working out perfectly. Remaining two more sessions for us."

Adda mama stopped folding the ankara skirt in her hand and smiled. They are making effort to make things right with Fatima, she just hope it works out for the better. The worst case scenario is that, Fatima might not agree to what they are saying even if they will swear on it with the holy book in their hands. She is that stubborn and Adda mama is already sympathizing with them. She's been through the same thing and knows how it hurts to be rejected by your own child when it was never your fault to begin with. It's just their pasts mingling to create so much drama and rifts.

"You both should keep up the good work. I know things are going to be alright even though they won't be easy." She's advised, picking on the lint that's appeared out of the blue on her lace.

Musa whispered something to his wife before replying to her. "It won't be easy and we are hoping Ahmad will be able to help us with it. Do you think there is something he can do to aid us in the situation? Maybe try talking to her about our return and maybe she should just listen to what we have to say if we try explaining? I don't know but we are seriously in dire need of assistance from anyone. You can try what you can too, it's never pointless."

Adda mama mulled over the words and thought, Ahmad will be able to talk to Fatima but she might hate him or a fight can break out between them then her graduation won't be memorable again. Whenever Fatima fights with someone, it takes her a very long time to calm down and sort through things. The last thing Adda mama wants is for Fatima to not enjoy her graduation after all she's been doing to make it memorable and the best day of her life. They should approach the matter somehow and not cause rift between the duo.

She told them just that and hope to God he will listen to what she's said. She knows her brother when he thinks he is right, nothing will stop him. But for both their sakes, he should not trying doing so when Fatima is concerned like he's done and got her married to Ahmad though that should be the best decision he's ever made his entire life.

Fatima leisurely walked into the room with a gloomy face, a Nutella and huge spoon in hand. "I'm going to miss you so much, Adda mams. Can't you just stay a little bit longer? Maybe till after my graduation?"