Eight.

I dare you to comment on each paragraph❤ I'm back!

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

Ahmad got to his office earlier than the given time because he couldn't wait to escape the dining table where his Aunt won't stop rambling other things he didn't bother listening to. And he also couldn't wait to be in his office and season it to his heart's content and make it look like the one in Texas.

It wasn't much, just his oak table made from finest American wood cleared and few expensive penholders given to him by his mother and a few gifts from his former coworkers to get his new office a more suave look like himself.

It was time for lunch and he didn't do anything active which made him feel useless. He was just reading through some problems Nigerian police force is going through. All he could say is that, the system is thoroughly bad and rotten.

Back in Texas, they are usually on patrol, no matter your rank and echelon so he feels slagged inside his office blown with full air conditioner. With determination to change the system like he's vowed before, he stood up from the swivel onyx chair and place his jet black police cap on his head, adjust his GSR granite gun on his trousers and left.

"Sir!" Constable Ashiru stood up and saluted as soon as he closed the door of his office behind him.

He is the one serving him just outside his office and so far, he has nothing to complain about the guy. He is a man in his mid thirties with a small family back at home. His features albeit soft, he gets glacier whenever it comes to work and that is enough for Ahmad to know he's got a good assistant.

He gave him a small smile then gestured that he answers the telephone in front of him which started ringing and he did just that. His professionalism dripped even with the way he held the phone. Ahmad would like to know more about this guy.

His eyes were focused on what the other person is saying so Ahmad also concentrated, meaning this is some work they need to search through and he is more than willing to take it as his first mission. He actually came out to go search for work but seems like the work is just looking for him too just in time. Finally, something to do.

"Where is this place?" Constable Ashiru asked in a serious voice, alerting Ahmad further. The guy has been humorous since the beginning of their time yesterday but super serious when it comes to work. After a pause, he said, "We will be there in a few."

Curious beyond words, Ahmad leaned against the desk and inquired. "What is it?"

The Constable sighed in annoyance, as if whatever he is going to say is taking a toll on him and he hates the mere mention of it. Damn right, he hates it because it has to do with rape! How dare men do this to women and still think they are free to live life to the fullest after ruining a girls life? Is it because they are mostly from influential families and can get out of every damn situation with few checks and alerts?

Not on his watch!

"It is a rape case, Sir. At the American University we have here for those rich folks." The Constable answered with this acerbic spit in his tone that shook somewhere in Ahmad. That is where Fatima is, obviously the spoiled rich folks will be there.

Instead of thinking about the boorish step cousin of his, he decided to sprang into action. "How about we make a move and get to the scene as soon as possible. This is not a quibble case."

"I'll just go get back up, Sir. You go ahead to the jeep, the driver should be there." Constable Ashiru rushed back into the main building of the station where lower ranked officers are and the prisons are located to get the said back up.