Thirteen.

COMMENT ON EACH PARAGRAPH FOR AN UPDATE EVERYDAY (our little blackmail😂) AND MIND YOU, THESE CHAPTERS ARE NOT EDITED. IM GOING TO EDIT IT WHEN IM DONE AND POST IT ON OKADABOOKS IN HOPE YALL WILL PATRONIZE ME🥺❤️

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

They arrive at the police station and settled at the public side of the station where the important offices are not. Fatima did not utter a word the whole way there because if she does, it will be an insult to all of the police officers and having Ahmad with them will only cause more problems. She doesn't want him to see her at her weakest, she won't lose control again. She's not susceptible, he should know that piece of information.

"What will be done now?" She asked one of the female cops she sat with in the police car. Not the one with open back, the car was tinted to shield her away from people outside.

"I don't know what they will do. Normally, you'll pay fine and be warned then leave but since ACP Al-Hafiz arrived, the things have changed a bit. I don't know what will happen now with your case. We haven't gotten anything similar since he came, we might as well see it now." The woman answered, looking adoringly at Ahmad from across the lot.

Fatima wanted to strangle and annihilate the woman, she is clearly married or is twice his age. Why would she be looking at someone way younger than her with such eyes? Some women just never seize to amaze her, they make her want to curse her gender but then, you can't change how they were created. They appreciate any male that is not seen in their everyday life. And that left an acerbic taste in her mouth.

"Then I don't want anything from him, no favours or bail. Have me locked up in jail." Her voice is bland and depleted, eyes a bit more blank than her voice. When the woman stepped back in reluctance, she added. "Now." Through gritted teeth and that startled the woman.

The woman saw something in Fatima's eyes, she started shaking visibly and darted her eyes from ACP Al-Hafiz who is currently dealing with another case instead of her own, it makes her feel inferior, semantic and unwanted, something she is not used to. The anger and fury bubbling within her knew no bound and she wanted to act on it but that means she degrading herself some more.

The woman blinked several times, split into thinking which side she should take. Obey her or wait for her superior to come do his job.

With a helpless whimper, she ushered Fatima to the nearest empty cell that fortunately looks clean and well kept, Fatima wouldn't have settled for anything less. Due to the myriad anger she is inundated in, she couldn't even think about how many stinky or the low-lives that lived and slept there, all she could think about is how to get the man out of her sight. She wants him to leave the place, just out of her sight.

The room is empty with chirped shadow walls, a thick iron bed connected to one side of the wall, a colossal urn closed with silver plate just beside it and nothing else. Fatima gulped, this is going to be a disaster but not the worst she's ever experienced her whole life. She's experienced far more hazardous and perilous situations than this so she can cope to this. This is nothing short of the things she's been through.

Just not this type of situation, in stinky place with no good food, perfect comforter, softest bed to exist and best designer clothe.

Eying the metal bars that shone underneath the dim chandelier outside the cell room, she grimaced at the thought of how many criminals had gripped those bars before her. She has a barred window, a small angle that looks like bathroom. So many things are written on the walls from 'fuck you cell' 'this place is stinky' 'in God's grace' and other filthy things she turned away from.

It smells like dust, dirt, mildew, dirty carpet –even though there is none in the cell– metal and cleaning product. Her stomach clenched and turn in an unpleasant way, her empty belly trying to bring out her intestines since the breakfast Asabe managed to squash in the car is still there, hopefully if it didn't fall off and smear the recently washed car. Ugh, she hates the idea of her car getting dirty so the thought got banished.