Thirty Four.

I DARE YOU TO COMMENT ON EACH PARAGRAPH FOR UPDATES LATER!!🥲

12.3K🥳

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

The next morning, Fatima woke up with breakfast on bed, her stomach grumbling hard at the sight of the Chinese cuisine in front of her. She browsed through the room to check out whether Ahmad is there or not even though she knew he was the one who brought the food for her, fortunately, he is absent. She checked herself to see if she's stained and another fortunate fate, nothing happened. She stood up and hurried to the bathroom to change her sanitary pad then come back with more brisk steps to the room. She is so hungry that she knew she was going to finish the whole food in front of her.

She devoured the whole meal in front of her without pausing to wash everything with the black coffee beside her. She stood up and left to take a shower, she doesn't want to stay in the hotel room anymore and if possible, she wants to leave the country again before Ahmad returns. There are no clothes for her to change into, she would've gone shopping had it not being for the man around. She cannot roam freely now.

She checked if the door is open and lucky for her, he didn't lock her up this time around. She took the bag she's brought with her making sure the huge sum of money she's brought is inside the bag then heft it around her shoulder before leaving the room. Her eyes peaked around the long narrow hallway of the hotel, everything is clear and empty so she sneaked out of the room, her mind focusing on the turns they took from the elevator yesterday night. The exhaustion is still evident in her half closed eyes but Fatima would be damned if she doesn't try again.

It's surprising how Ahmad would leave the door open and also be absent in the room or around the premises. Did he trust her after the talk they've had yesterday? She is not worth trusting and she would like it if he takes his lies and bury them somewhere than waste his breath on her. Believe that he is helping her? Why the fuck would she need help and that too from someone she's despised the day she met him? There is nothing about Ahmad that she likes. His handsomeness alongside perfection makes her loathe him more than she does any other man.

Successfully leaving the hotel, she let out a huge sigh of satisfaction and began her journey the other path they've followed. She doesn't want to go to the airport, she wants Ahmad to think she's left the country so he can go looking for her throughout the airport and by the time he's done with his ambush, she's already found another place to stay and few days later, she will leave Nepal to Europe. Maybe Asia isn't the best option, she's never liked the place but Europe, it sounds so pleasurable that along with it, she sure as hell will bring solace and comfort to her.

She removed her phone from her pocket to check out nearby bungalow that an old woman occupies and is willing to give out one room for rent. Two offers are ready and they all look cozy and unsuspicious that Ahmad won't think about looking through and the old woman occupying it look friendly enough to help her play the game of hide and seek with her so called husband. Fatima copied the woman's number into her phone and got ready to call her when a voice in front of her startled her wit. She almost dropped her phone but caught it last minute.

Her head raise in annoyance to see the intruder only to see a slightly familiar looking face. There is no one Fatima knows living in Nepal neither had she make any acquaintance of anyone there and the main fact here is that he looks like a Nigerian! How the heck won't she took the wild guess that he came along with Ahmad? And why was she so free into thinking Ahmad would let her escape without any fight? God, she is becoming a softy and that is a huge capital letters no.

"Ma'am, I was sent to escort you back to the hotel. We are about to depart in a few hours." His words are curt and professional like his face.

He looks scary with bushy downward brows, upturned deep set of eyes that's seen far better days, thin black lips that's smoked more cigars than the owners counting days. His jaw is squared and more prominent than Ahmad's, higher cheekbones underneath those sharp eyes. She is not frightened though, just a little bit curious as to why he didn't join army.