Chapter Nineteen~ Ethereal

"HAHA. Today your job will be to run around the volcano 3 times, than your going to climb to the top where I will be waiting for you. NO MAGIC" Mereoleona explained with a grin. "NOW GO".

Everyone raced to the volcano trying to be the first one to finish. Whereas, Y/N let out a sigh before slowly walking towards the volcano. She convinced herself that if she walked around one time, then she would be saving energy for later. Of course that was her lazy side talking.

The volcano was big. Really big. It took Y/N a while to realize this as she let out a sigh. 

'This would take all day if I just walk' She told herself. 

Picking up her pace she starting running around the Volcano. She started singing in her head to keep her mind off the fact that she had to run around three times.

'A broken heart is all that's left

I'm still fixing all the cracks
Lost a couple of pieces when
I carried it, carried it, carried it home
I'm afraid of all I am (oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)
My mind feels like a foreign land (oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)
Silence ringing inside my head (oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)
Please, carry me, carry me, carry me home 
I've spent all of the love I saved
We were always a losing game
Small-town boy in a big arcade
I got addicted to a losing game (
Oh, oh-oh-oh oh)
(Oh, oh-oh-oh, oh)
All I know, all I know
Loving you is a losing game...'

Where did she hear this song from? She didn't know. Maybe it was from her past life. Another thing she had noticed, She had been getting weird thoughts and...sayings. Like why does the word YEET keep repeating in her head whenever someone is thrown. 

Anyways...

Y/N had just finished her third lap around as she let out a slight panting breath. The training she has been doing is working. Sweat dripped down her body from the immense heat from the Volcano making her lift her shirt to wipe some off, exposing some of her tone stomach.

Some people were doing the same as her but were panting hard. Y/N finally sighed before placing her hand on a part of the hot rock. She hisses slightly and pulls her hand back. She couldn't use magic to help her so she guessed that Mereoleona planned this to help us teach ourselves something.

Looking around, Y/N noticed that no one knew what to do as they tried climbing on the hot rock, failing miserable.

'What to do, What to do?' She thought as she stared at the Volcano. ' Maybe if I had something on my hands to cover them so I don't feel the heat...But what can I use? My clothes would probably burn off If I use them...'

The female sighed before glancing at her hands. 'Use me' Mana whispered into her ears. Y/N snapped her head up with a large smile. MANA. Of course! If she was to cover her body using her mana it would protect her like a blanket from the heat. She knew what to do now.

Mereoleona watched from above as the Magic Knights struggled to climb the Volcano. It has been a while and no one has figured it out, but she had faith. Someone will figure it out. The fire user smiled with a laugh as she watched a certain white haired female cover herself in her mana and start climbing the Volcano. 

'She is smart' Mereoleona thought as everyone started following her lead, 'She will make a great future sister-in-law'.

Y/N had just made it to the top where a smiling Mereoleona awaited.

"GREAT JOB! YOU WERE THE FIRST ONE TO MAKE IT TO THE TOP" She praised as Y/N fell on her knees, panting. What she just did requires great mana control. She had to maintain the mana around her body while climbing up the rocks. All she wanted to do was sleep.