Chapter Forty Nine~ Assemble

" If any of you have any objections, don't hold back! State them now!" Mereoleona crosses her arms, waiting for any. " I also won't hold back, crushing you!!" She threatens with a blazing fire in a form of a lion behind her.

The Royal Magic Knights, sweat dropped.

" Listen up! You nineteen survived the brutal Selection Exam and were chosen to become Royal Knights!" Mereoleona continued with much seriousness. " If there are no objections, then from this day until we annihilate the Eye of the Midnight Sun, your lives will be in my hands!" She declared.

' This...is the story on how I died'

" Hm? One, two, three. four...One of you is missing" The Vermillion women suddenly informed once she got a look at everyone.

Everyone looks around in confusion, trying to find out who was the missing person.

" Is he disrespecting me by being late?" She questioned with a fearless look.

"My bad! Guess I'm late!" A very familar voice chimes from the balcony. Mereoleona narrows her eyes  at the male, giving him a glare.

The moment Zora jumps down, Mereoleona shoots a red blazing flame at him with him. The crimson haired male summons his grimoire in an instant to block the attack.

A white magic circle devoured the flame magic of the fearless Lioness and send it back to her. Mereoleona's lips turn into a smirk as she witnesses her own flame magic flying back to her at extreme speed.

She easily stops the magic as she narrows her eyes towards Zora. 

"So you are disrespecting me..."

Asta, Luck, Y/N, and Noelle are surprised at his presence especially the Black Bulls Magic Knight Robe that he wore.

"I wanted to see how strong you were since my life's going to be in your hands. Pleasure to work with you." Zora playful cackled.

"You're...wait!" Asta gasped in shocked and shoved a finger his way. "W-Why the heck are you wearing that robe?!"

"You dumbass. It's because I'm a member of the Black Bulls, obviously" Zora answered as he walked in his direction.

"What?!" Noelle and Asta gasped in shock once again.

" And the plot thickens" Y/N muttered to herself.

"You're one of the Black Bulls?!" Asta couldn't beileve it.

"Hey! Explain yourself!" Noelle demanded, crossing her arms together.

"It's a bittersweet memory from years ago. I was kicking the asses of some Magic Knights due to reasons." Zora confessed.

"Magic Knights?! You can't do that!" he scolded earning a flick from Zora.

"Shut up! I said I had reasons, you little shit!" he defended while he places his hands in his pockets. He begins to explain on how he was forced to be in the Black Bulls.

"What the heck, Xerx?! That's not fair! Do you have any idea what I went through to get in?!" Asta complained.

"Also, I'm not Xerx..." He admitted. "The name's Zora Ideale, you shitty little junior shrimp." 

"What?! What the heck is a Zora?! Is that your real name?!" Asta's voice boomed making the male laugh in amusement. 

"I just told you it was, you stupid shrimp!"

"Why the heck did you lie?!" Asta scowled.

"You know what they say. If you want to fool your enemies. You need to fool your friend first..." Zora stated proudly.

"What enemies?! And wait, are you my senior then?!" Asta gasped in shock again.

"Aish, I'm getting a headache. " Y/N sighed from the ash blonds loud voice.

"Damn straight. Show me some respect." Zora answered with his close eyes smile.

"Heck no! And you need to apologize for a lot of things! What was you're name again? Zura?" the ash blond tried to remember it.

"It's Zora..." Mimosa decided to help him.

"I don't know what the heck is going on!" Asta gripped his head from the information he just found out.

' Wow...I can really see the steam coming from his ears'

"You're noisy, you shitty little shrimp..." Zora scolded before throwing his something, "Here you go. Have another rainbow stink bug."