Chapter Fifty Four~ Giving it her All

Four Royal Knights appear just as Y/N fell into Ryha's arms . It was Puli, Fragil, Sortta, and Rill who have an immense magic within them just like Rhya. They have white wings that sprout on their back due to the wing magic user.

"Hey. We're retreating..." Zora shifted his eyes towards Asta.

"Wh-What are you talking about?! We can't just leave everyone! Not yet! We can't leave yet! We need to get Y/N!" The ash blond male protested glancing at the white haired female who was being bridal carried.

"You dumbass! There's no way to save them right now, so we're retreating to figure that out! You stupid little shit!" Zora explained knowing full well that Asta couldn't feel there monstrous Mana.

"I guess you're right, you cool masked jerk!" Asta nodded in hesitance.

"Do you really think you can get away from us?" Rhya's lips smirked tightening his grip on his lover.

The ash blond male clenches his fist as watched how his childhood friend was being held by the enemy.

Asta and Zora's eyes widen when they saw how their enemies are gathering powerful magic. 

Mereoleona has a serious expression on her face due to the dreadful situation they are into. She knew that the two younger ones will not make it if they stayed with her. And aside from that, she knew that Y/N would have to be left behind.

"Okay, kiddos..." Mereoleona uttered as she used her flame magic to clear a path for them. She used her flaming claw to throw them into the narrow path before it encloses with boulders. "You can go home first...you fools..."

"Captain Mereo-" Asta is about to call her but the path becomes blocked. The copy magic user was quite amazed by what the fearless Lion did.

"What? You're going to stay behind and try to stall all of us so those two can escape? Well, aren't you nice to your friends, Miss Royalty?" Rhya said playfully as Fragil and Rill throws their magic towards Mereoleona as she just deflects it.

"You seem to have the wrong idea..." The Vermillion women stated as her lips turn upwards into a smirk. "Those kiddos would've just been in my way. Stall you? Don't make me laugh. I intend to kill all of you!" she declared engulfing her body with a red blazing flame.

"Kill all us? You're the one making me laugh." Rhya chuckles "There's no way someone like you can't see what you're up against right now." He summons his Grimoire, putting Y/N into a protective bubble. "Sorry, but we're going to go after that anti-magic kid really soon because that grimoire and those swords belong to the real Licht." Rhya continues. 

"I don't really care about this real Licht or whatever, but you can shut up now " Mereoleona retorted as she flips her grimoire into another page. She engulfs both of her fists a familar red flame.

"Mana Zone: Calidos Brachium Barrage!" The fearless Lioness chanted as she delivers multiple punches towards him but Ryha uses his spatial magic portal to escape from the troublesome magic.

"If you're going to go after that fool, do it after you defeat me!" She declares with a wide grin on her face. "Five against one.... You still need more of a handicap?" she chuckles and dashes towards her opponents.

________________________________________________________________________________

Asta, and Zora were waiting for Mereoleona on the blocked path. They were anxious about what is going to happen to the Captain of the Crimson Lion King. 

"There's no way even Captain Mereoleona can fight all of them alone!" Asta had a wary expression. "We have to go back and help her!"

"You dumbass! We're getting outta here!" Zora groans in annoyance before he turns his heels to walk away.