Chapter Sixty Five~ Piece by Piece

The sealing magic user, Lumiere, Licht, and Patry were relieved when the demon disintegrated in front of their eyes. 

And they were also heartbroken.

"Thank you..." Secre cannot put into words what she is feeling right now. All of their suffering and hard work didn't go in vain. 

All she knew was, she is grateful that the demon was no more. Even...Even if Y/N didn't survive she was grateful to the female. 

Mimosa covered her mouth with her hands with tears streaming down her eyes.

"Y/N..." Asta was staring wide eyed at the ground with fat tears falling out from his eyes. He gritted his teeth and fell to his knees, " Damn it!!!"

Yuno refused to believe it.

"No...She can't..." He shook his head in disbelief. 

"Y/N..." Even Lumiere couldn't help whispering her name. All those times he thought of teasing her for all the times she spoke to him when he was a statue. All those times he finally thought he would get the chance to...

Licht would never unhear that scream.

The scream of pain and suffering. The scream that they caused when they killed both her and the demon. They couldn't do anything...Nothing could be done to save her.

He felt useless.

Patry cried and rubbed his tears making his face hot. He promised to be good and help everyone and yet, he couldn't help her.

'Y/N...I'm so-'

A glowing blue light from the far corner of the room caught Patry's attention. He slowly walked over to the light, adverting his eyes to the small glowing necklace that was carelessly on the ground.

Picking it up he noticed a bunch of cracks on it and a bright blue light that seem to almost burst from the gem.

"That necklace..." The corner of Asta's eye caught sight of the blue glow and couldn't help but looking up. He quickly stumbled to his feet and ran over to where Patry held the familiar necklace.

Everyone's attention was now on the ash blond as he took the necklace from the elf's hands.

" It's Y/N's..."

Everyone perked up from the words and rushed over to hunch around the necklace.

" Do you think..." Mimosa questioned out loud.

"Let me see" Lumiere was passed the necklace and could feel traces of Y/N's magic inside. Hope blossomed from the pits of his heart as he used his thumb to trace over the cracks.

" Maybe this could bring her back..." Patry spoke.

" Then do it" Yuno was quick to speak. His heart was racing and his head was thumping. She had to be alive. 

She had to.

" Step back" Secre grabbed the necklace. Her small fingers traced over the cracks before pressing into the center of the gem. She pressed onto it harder and harder until the gem started cracking by itself.

Everyone stumbled backwards when the gem flew out her hands and into the the air. It glowed a brilliant blue from within the cracks as it broke apart from piece to piece.

The light became so bright that they had to cover there eyes. A large beam of blue light shot out to the sky and dark cloud crowded over it. Thunder rumbled from the black cloud as blue sparks of light peeked out from them. It sparked around the clouds like a battle was happening from within.