Chapter Sixty Six~ Drifting

"So...How you've been?"

" Oh. You know, acting like a statue for the past few years with nothing to do but sleep. I've been living my best life. How about you?"

"Just learning I'm the daughter of mana, Being killed by some insane demon in my past lives, being possessed by said demon, Dying, and then coming back to life...Nothing too crazy."

" Sounds fun..."

"...It was."

" Should you two really being having this discussion right now?!" Noelle shouts at the two who were idly chatting in such a situation.

As they set their foot in the Royal Capital, they witness how the Magic Knights who were possessed by the elves cause chaos.

A red blazing flame is all over the place and the towering building were no more. They don't even know how many lives have been perished during their time inside the Shadow Palace.

"How in the world are we going to deal with that many of them?" Noelle turned her attention back to the problem at hand. Her eyes saw the immense magic of the possessed Magic Knights.

"Let's just knock them all out!" Mereoleona suggested with a smug expression on her face. She even cracked her knuckles with her eyes like a blazing fire. They met her on the way, as she awoke from her unconsciousness. 

'Yeah, she's more dangerous than all of us put together.' Yami deadpanned. He didn't even know how the fearless Lioness manages to have so much energy after that whole demon situation.

Asta's eyes focus on the Demon-Destroyer sword on his right hand. He knew that he wouldn't be able to bring everyone back with just his sword, not to mention he doesn't have much power left.

Patry notices the wary expression of the Magic Knights around him. His eyes were cast down with guilt on his eyes. He is one of the reasons that the Clover Kingdom was falling apart. He decides to face them with a long deep breath. He already knows what to do and who will be the one to help them.

"With Licht's here, there's a way. With the world tree magic that belongs to William, who currently asleep inside of me." He informed while placing a hand on his chest. "We can gather the magic and life force from people all over the kingdom. But for that, we'll need his grimoire."

"Take this." Valtos manages to use his spatial magic to grab the grimoire of the Captain of the Golden Dawn back from Hage Village.

Patry was a bit surprised that Valtos would still chose to help them even though he just betrayed him. He nodded at him lightly as he takes the world tree magic user grimoire. 

"That's Williams... Thank you, Valtos." he said softly.

"It doesn't matter who you are. You're still the one who save me that day." The spatial magic user stated when he noticed his thoughts.

"Wait, are you saying..." Asta murmured after realizing what Patry will do.

"Yes, Asta. Use your Demon-Destroyer Sword to undo my reincarnation." The light magic user humbly requested.

"You sure about this?" The magicless boy questioned as Patry held the pitch-black blade of the Demon-Destroyer sword and placed it against his chest.

"This has always been my second life. I may have some regrets, but no fear. If I'm just going to disappear after this, I almost think that's not enough for atonement." Patry told them as his mismatched eyes scan his fellow elves.

'This is like my six life...'

"I'm gonna head out first." Patry said as he smiles at them in return. "I'm sorry, Licht. You'll have to take care of the rest." .