Chapter Sixty Eight~ Three Kingdoms

"Now then...All of you worked really hard." Julius stated, "The battle has ended, and now we can live happily ever after or so I'd like to say...But currently, we have three problems..." Julius told them while lifting up three fingers.

'Who is this guy? He called us here out of the blue. He's just a kid. What a snotty little brat.' Noelle's brows furrowed from the young boy talking to them so casually.

'I swear I've sensed this mana somewhere before...' Mimosa was trying her best to remember who he was.

'Hahahahaha!!!' Y/N screamed in laughter in her mind but held it in for the sake of the seriousness of the situation.

"Captain Yami! This ki... Don't tell me he's..." Asta mumbled in disbelief.

" Yup" Yami puffed out some smoke, casually.

Noelle and Mimosa were jaw slacked when they finally realized who this small kid was. The Silver haired royal was embarrassed from the words she spoke to herself, while the Vermillion girl was happy to figure it out.

Y/N just shook her head at the situation. 

"The first problem.. The Wizard King is gone." Julius stated as he lifts his index finger. "Most of my magic is now gone. This is all that's left on my grimoire which means I won't be able to fight." He shows them a single white page. "And my influence on the hard-line monarchist nobles who prioritize the wealth and power of this kingdom has been weakened..."

"Ohhh, me! Me, me, me!" Asta immediately raises his right hand eagerly. He had stars in his eyes and looked very excited. "How did you get so small, and why are you alive, Wizard King!" The magicless boy shouted out his question.

'Mister Energy really doesn't hold back at all...' Yami thinks to himself.

The Wizard King chuckles proudly before he's lifting his index finger. 

"Well, you see, during my incognito wanderings, I found magic storage technology left behind by some ancient mages." He answered with a nod. "According to some documents I found in the castle's library, it's called Swallowtail." 

Y/N looks up at the ring and can't help but feel that it's very familiar. 

'The designs and colors...Isn't that ring...' The female with glowing mana couldn't help but laugh softly. Her heart warmed from the familiarity of the ring.

It was her ring, from her past life when she was a princess and became a queen. Her royal parents that adopted her had told her that she has had that ring ever since she was a baby. It was most likely a gift from her real father, Mana.

"My time magic and Swallowtail were very compatible. I stored my time and magic into the emblem on my forehead little by little." He explained, "Time that would let me start over in case something happened to me. But I didn't get to start over immediately and I only made it as far as this age. Guess things don't always go as planned!" Julius laughed.

"Uh, this plenty. You don't usually get do-overs in life. You're insane, you old man who looks like a kid." The dark magic user deadpanned in disbelief.

" Eh...I had a do-over..." Y/N spoke up but regretted it when she felt a dark stare from Yami. "Haha...Never mind..." She stepped away from him.

"I'm just so glad that you're alive, Wizard King!" Asta had waterfall tears running down his face. He is just grateful that the person he looks up to is still alive.

"Thank you. I see that you're as lively as ever, Asta." Julius stated a closed eye smile.

"I did my best! But I've still got a long way to go!" The magicless boy exclaimed.