Market

"I'm going to the market, would you like to join me?" I pick up my rifle from the floor nodding. I follow her out the house trailing slightly behind as we walk into the bustle of the market. Y/N converses easily with all the stall owners always offering a kind smile. I ignore the stares that my armor draws concentrating my attention on Y/N.

An elderly woman walks over grabbing Y/N's arm whispering loud enough for the helmet to pick up "I don't mean to alarm you but there's a bounty hunter following you." she lets out a cheerful laugh "Don't worry he's a...friend." The lady gives a relieved smile "Thank goodness, have a good evening Y/N." "Bye," she turns to me "Ready to head back?" I nod deciding to keep quite.

Your P/O/V:

Mando stays for three days while his ship is being fixed and his wound has healed completely with only minimal scarring. On the last night of his stay we sit out in the back garden looking up at the stars. "They're beautiful aren't they? The stars I mean."

"They look better from up there. No light pollution." I sigh                "I haven't been up there in a long time. Not since I lost my brother."

"You could come with me." I sit up staring at Mando wide eyed "What?" he nods "It would save me a lot of fuel not having time here every time I need something fixing." I smile "Really? Are you sure? I don't want to be a burden? I can fix the ship, cook, I'm a skilled healer and can use a blaster." He lets out a low chuckle "I'm sure. It would be beneficial for both of us."

I grin nodding enthusiastically "I'd love to. When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow." I spring to my feet "I'd best go and pack then." I run inside grabbing a rucksack. I pack clothes, a couple of books, a medical kit, my pictures in a packet and my tool belt. Looking around I can't see anything else I'm going to want but as an afterthought I pack my blaster and violin.

Leaving everything at the end of my bed I write a quick note to my landlord explaining where I've gone and to my things in storage. Putting my remaining credits in a bag I pack them before finding my communicator and calling Boss.

"Y/N, everything alright?"

"Everything's fine. But I'm resigning."

"Why? You're the best mechanic I have."

"Mando offered me a job, I took it."

"Well I'm going to have to find another mechanic. Good luck Y/N and have fun."

"Will do, thanks for everything."

"No problem, you'll always have a job here if you need it."

"Thanks again, bye." The connection goes dead and I leave the communicator on the bed side table.

Next morning I wake early and cook breakfast leaving Mando's on the side before going into my room to eat. Finished I walk back out washing the plates and putting them away. I look around the house that has been my home the best part of ten years, its only small but I'll miss it. Slinging my bag onto my back I pick up my violin case and walk with Mando to the ship yard.

Boss greets us both and I hug her tightly before handing her the keys to my speeder "Look after her for me." She nods "Stay safe out there. And you," she points an accusing finger at Mando "You look after her you here me. Anything bad happens and you answer to me." He nods "Understood."

We walk onto the crest the ship feeling familiar from all the times I've fixed it. there are two living quarters, the fresher, a small kitchen and a large storage compartment under the floor. "This will be your room."

"Thank you."

He disappears up the ladder to the cockpit and I drop my belongings on the mattress examining the room. There are two shelves, a small cupboard and the bed. Bracing myself while the ship comes to life I unpack my things putting the empty bag at the bottom of the cupboard. Walking through the ship I wobble slightly not used to the feeling of flying.

Climbing the ladder to the cockpit I gasp quietly at the sight of the glass. Streams of light are flying past blurring together to create stripes in the sky. "Woah." I fall into the co-pilots seat staring in awe out the windows. "I forgot how amazing it was."