Washing

Something hittting my face rouses me from sleep and I open my eyes to find the Kid perched on the edge of the bed hands tapping against my cheeks. I chuckle rubbing the sleep out of my eyes "You hungry kiddo?" he coos and I try to sit up Din's arms tightening around my waist "No." I chuckle "Kids hungry." 

He grumbles something but loosens his arms allowing me to sit up scopping the kid into my arms "Alright kiddo lets get you some breakfast." He coos happily clapping his hands when I put him onto the counter and start preparing some breakfast finding the last of our fresh fruit which I chop up into pieces handing small ones to the kid a few at the time which he eats happily. 

Din comes into the room without his armour in loose trousers and no shirt. His arms slide around my waist face burying in my neck "Morning Meshla." I grin turning to kiss him "Good morning. Do you want breakfast?" he nods leaning against the counter and it suddenly dawns on me he's showing his face to the kid. "You're not wearing your helmet?" he shrugs turning to the kid who is still munching happily on fruit "Your my family. My clan." I grin and start eating while mixing up a pot of caf handing one to Din before drinking my own laughing when the kid makes grabby hands "No caf for you kid. You have enough energy without it."

Din chuckles stretching out "What are we doing today?" I sigh shrugging "Washing clothes, seeing if we can find any fresh fruit. Oh and I want to do a full scan of the ship I keep hearing a weird clattering and its starting to bug me." he grins kissing my forehead "I'll get dressed and help gather anything that needs washing." 

He takes the kid with him putting him in the egg while I tidy away the breakfast things before getting dressed in an outfit I got on Nabboo a while ago. Opening up the hatch I take a step out looking around at the landscape, it is all lush green forest with beautiful flowers and small birds fluttering around. Just of to the left is a winding stream that opens up into a crystal clear pond right next to the ship. Its beautiful. Din appears next to me basket full of clothes in arm, armour in place but no helmet. 

I take the basket over to the water kneeling on the edge of the water taking out soap shavings I start scrubbing rinsing everything before starting to wash. The kid waddles over giggling while reaching for the bubbles which I blow towards him making his laughter grow. "Do you want to swim bud?" he looks at me confused grinning I put down the clothes and step into the water which is thankfully warm before holding my hands out to the kid "Its fun I promise." tentavily he jumps into my arms giggling happily and splashing in the water while I float in the shallows smiling brightly at the happiness on his face. 

"You know this doesn't look like washing?" I look over laughing "I may have got distracted." Din chuckles crouching down at the waters edge the kid making grabby hands at him I swim over handing him over before climbing out the water wringing out my shirt as best I can without taking it off. "I'll finish the washing. Then you're joining me for a swim." he smiles kissing my forehead "I'll think about it Meshla, I'll take the kid see if I can find any fresh food."

He lifts the kid to sit on his hip while I return to the pile of clothes making sure to rinse out all the soap before stringing up a line between the ship and a sturdy looking tree hanging up everything to dry including the outfit I got in the water after I change into a bathing suit. Returning to the water I sit in the shallows enjoying the sunlight after so long in the ship its nice to be outside for a while.