Trapped

The town is full of imperial troopers lining all the streets. I inch closer to Din as we walk towards the cantina keeping my gaze on the floor as Greef shoves Din and then me inside. An elderly gentleman stands a gold madalion around his neck "Look what I bought as promised." Greef shoves the two of us onto a bench seat while Cara remains standing acting as guard. 

I place a hand on Din's knee hoping to be reassuring as the man keeps talking. "I would like to see the baby." I fight to keep my face neutral almost slumping in relief when the man stands to take a call. A blaster is pressed into my hands as Din and I both remove our cuffs under the table as shots expload through the window. I get shoved onto the floor behind a table as Din and Cara both move to the window. Standing I edge my way over stopping just behind Din to find stormtroopers lined up outside all aiming straight at us. 

All of this for a little child. Din takes out the comm link "Kuiil are you back to the ship yet." 

"Almost

"You need to bail. You get to the ship and leave, we're pinned down."

"Understood."

Din lowers his hand which I grip for a moment before grabbing a second blaster from the dead troopers on the floor. Why aren't they shooting? My answer comes a second later a man who clearly has a lot of power steps forward.

"Kuiil are you back on the ship yet? Kuiil are you there? Do you copy? Kuiil." Mando lowers the comm link tucking it back in a pocket. No answer. That can only mean one thing. "Is there any way out of here?" Greef shakes his head staring out the window "You're looking at it." Din turns
"What about the sewers? The Mandalorians have a coveret hidden in the sewers, if we get down there they can help us escape."

Cara growns "Might want to hurry Mando, they're setting up an E-web."
"I found the sewer vent." we run over to the back wall throwing the furniture out of the way and wrestling with the vent. I swear loudly "I left all the charges on the ship." Mando shakes his head "I'm out." 

The man outside starts talking again mention Cara and Din's full name and then mine and finally Greefs. While he continues talking I start working on the vent to no avail. Nightfall. We have until nightfall. Cara scowls and starts gathering blasters "I'm not waiting around, I'm shooting my way out. Mando?" I turn to the mandalorian "I know who he is. Moff Gideon." 
"No he was excecuted for war crimes."

Din shakes his head "Its him, he knew my name. I haven't heard that name since I was a child." he turns to me slightly, me being the exception, Greef looks confused "On Mandalor?" 
"No I wasn't born on Mandalor." 
"But you're a mandalorian." I smile faintly
"Mandalorian isn't a race, its a creed." 

"I was a foundling and raised as one of their own. When I came of age I was sworn to their creed. The only record of my name was in the records on Mandalor. Moff Gideon ISP officer during the purge. Thats how I know who he is. He says he needs us which means the kid got away." 

I lean back against the wall relieved that the kid is still alive. "Kuiil come in." there is a pause but only static answers. "Nothing." After a pause the sound of the kid comes through. Followed by the metalic voice of the droid "Is that IG?" 

"I am fullfilling my base purpose, to nurse and protect." Din lowers the comm link as it shuts off "What do you think he means by that?" Din sighs "I don't know." shots echo from outside as Din helps me too my feet "What the hell is going on out there?" IG-11 is outside shooting causing one hell of a distraction. "You stay here." I shake my head raising my blaster "No."

"Please cyar'ika." it is the tone of his voice that makes me nod my head continuing to shoot from the window Cara just behind. Din grabs the big gun stormtroopers already littering the ground. The door to the left of us exploads inwards sending Cara and I flying into the wall recovering quick enough to shoot anyone that managed to get in. By the time we are back at the window it is too late to warn Din, a fuel tank next to him exploads in a ball of fire sending him flying crashing into the floor. "Din!"

I rush out the door throwing my blaster to the side to free my hands so I can grab him under the arms and bring himside earning a few close shots on the way. Once he is inside I root around in my discarded bag for my portable scanner "Come on, come on. Where is it?" I find it smashed and broken. "No, no, no." Cara helps prop him up while I take out a bacta spray only one is still working. "You're going to be fine." 

The IG unit gets to work on the grate and Cara goes over as well leaving me and Din alone. "You're going to be fine." 
"I'm not going to make it." I shake my head fighting back tears at the raspy note in his voice "Yes you are. You're fine." 
"Y/N. Take the kid and get out of here." 

"I'm not leaving you."