Dragon

The next morning after we have eaten Din in our tent Din cups my face gently his forhead resting against mine a moment before he puts his helmet back on joining Vanth and the tuskens outside. I lift up the kid putting him back in his bag which I carry outside attaching it to the Bantha given to us. Din climbs up first before leaning down to give me a hand, pulling me up behind up. I wrap my arms around his waist smiling at the kid who is cooing looking around wide eyed "You stay put kid, don't want you falling." he babbles and I shake my head slightly "I'll keep my eye on you." 

The Tuskens lead us to a large crater in the ground all of crowding around a ledge while one loan rider takes a Bantha towards the hole. I help the kid to the ground watching him carefully as he waddles around keeping half an eye on Din and Vanth as they pass the binoculars back and forth. The kid waddles over to Din pulling himself up onto a smaller ledge while I stand behind one hand resting on Dins shoulder. 

The kid ducks down when the ground starts shaking grabbing onto my leg. I scoop him up pressing him into my chest as the Krayt dragon lurches from the cave sand spraying the tusken is gone in seconds the bantha standing forgotten for a moment before he too is taken. I shudder slightly the kid turning to look out over the sandy planes "Its alright kiddo. We're going to work out a way to stop it." 

I watch as the tuskens create a small model of the dragon using bones and rocks chuckling slightly when Vanth disbutes the scale. Din gently pats my arm motioning with his head of to the side, we walk a little way before he starts speaking "Once we lay the explosives.I want you to stay with the kid." I frown "I can help. I know explosives." he nods chuckling softly "I know you do mesh'la. But please stay with the kid, I don't want to risk your life in this." 

I frown standing my ground "So you get to risk yours?" he shakes his head "If I promise to be careful will you stay with the kid?" I scowl but soften when I look down at the kid looking up at us with his big brown eyes "Alright. But you can't always make me sit of to the side. I am perfectly capable of..." 

"I know you are mesh'la." he presses his forehead against mine "I know." I sigh "You're lucky I love you Dijarin." he chuckles and we make our way back over to Vanth who is not too pleased when Din reveals he volountered the town to help fight the dragon. 

Back at the village I sit of to the side with the kid in my lap while Vanth reasons with the village. I reach into my bag for more parts fiddling with pieces of wire and metal building as many charges as possible. Though the town has larger ones from mining smaller ones are always handy. 

Din appears in front of me looking at the pile of charges "I really hope this works." I smile gripping his hand "Its going to be fine. You promise to be careful?" he nods "I promise mesh'la." 

Tension between the villagers and raiders is high as they load explosives onto Banthas and I sit behind Din on the speeder the kid safe in his bag. Back at the cave I help with setting the charges before retreating off to the side with Din and Vanth. Everything is set all we need now is the dragon.