Decisions

I start fidgiting with anything I can find, the Skywalker person has been sat with Grogu for four hours. I put down the screwdriver I just picked up and pick up a rag beginning to scrub the already clean counter "Meshla you have to relax." I throw down the rag turning to Din "I don't know what to do. The ki... Grogu has been with us for so long I don't know." 

He stands removing his helmet leaning his forehead against mine and hands wresting on my hips "Hey it'll be okay.  We've got each other right?" I smile wrapping my arms around him tightly "Yes. Yes we do." 

"I love you Din." he grins lips pressing against mine gently "I love you too meshla." sighing deeply I pull away walking over to the open door Din joining shortly after helmet back in place the two of us staring over to where the Jedi is sitting with Grogu locked in some silent conversation. 

Perhaps an hour later the two stir and Luke walks over with Grogu in his arms "I can train him, but he is attached. If he chooses to become a Jedi he will have to distance himself, strong emotions are too dangerous. I must prepare some tests but the outcome will ultimatly be up to him. I will need something Grogu is fond off." I smile and climb up into the cockpit returning with the silver orb he is always stealing. I hand it to Luke while Grogu coos making grabby hands. Din chuckles softly taking the kid from Luke "I will return in ten minutes then he will have to choose."

I move to Din's side tickling behind Grogus ears "Hey kiddo. Just so you know, what ever you choose." I take a deep breath "We'll support you even it means letting you go." Din nods slowly taking off his helmet smiling down at the kid "Grogu." he coos in response "It's your choice kid." I kiss Din's cheek before kissing the kid on the forehead taking in my arms so Din can put his helmet back on. "We love you no matter what." Grogu only coos in response a small smile on his face.

Luke appears once more a small bag in hand "This will only take a moment." he lays out several objects on the ground including the silver orb from the ship. He then takes Grogu and sits opposite him on the ground speeking softly so Din and I can't really hear. Grogu tilts his head to one side not moving for a while. I lean into Dins side both us tense waiting for something to happen for Grogu to make a decision. Din's arm snakes around my waist squeezing gently "It'll be alright meshla. What ever he chooses we'll support it." his voice is soft and comforting I turn and smile in response leaning my forehead on his shoulder pauldron. "I know."

Grogu makes a move reaching out over the pile of objects hovering over a pebble before settling on the silver orb which he holds out triumpently. Luke nods once a small smile on his face before standing sweeping the remaining objects back into the bag "Grogu has made his decision, you will remain a clan of three. I cannot teach him the ways of the Jedi, you must choose his upbringing. Grogu waddles over holding out the ball, chuckling I lean down gathering him in my arms pressing my forehead to his "I promise, we'll keep you safe kiddo."

Din nods brushing his thumb over his cheek "What if he changes his mind when he is older I mean?" Luke shakes his head "Grogu has made his decision. I cannot take him on as a student, he has chosen his family." he bows his head slightly "Goodbye. It was nice meeting you Grogu, I hope you have made the right choice." From the small smile on his face I think he already knows the answer. He leaves and we watch his ship take off disappering as quickly as it arrived. 

Dins arms wrap around me from behind his head resting on my shoulder smiling down at the kid in my arms who coos happily fiddling with the orb. I chuckle blinking back tears "Our clan of three." Din chuckles warmly "I love you Cyar'ika. And you as well kid, Grogu." Grogu looks up at the sound of his name the two of us laughing happily. "What now?" Din shrugs loosening his grip slightly "I'm hungry." I grin "Hungry Grogu?" Grogu's ears twitch slightly which I take as a yes. We walk onto the ship and Din makes himself busy in the kitchen while I put the kid down on the counter finding bowls and spoons while Din makes three hydrate meals. He removes his helmet leaving it on the counter while I help dish out the stew.

A clang from behind draws both our attention. "Grogu?" I look around confused "Grogu?" a soft coo comes from somewhere close by "Where did he go?" Din grins broadly nodding towards his helmet which is shuffling slowly along the counter two little feet just visible underneath. The two of us start laughing Din eventually reaching out to remove his helmet the kid giggling happily. I can't imagine life without the kid on the ship and will forever be happy that he decided to stay.