Fight or flee

Your P/O/V:

When I wake up a heavy arm is draped over my stomach preventing me from moving. I can feel my face heating as slowly and carefully I remove it and stand up feeling my way over to the crib before removing my blindfold. The kid is still sound asleep but sunlight is streaming into the room. I walk outside sitting on the edge of the porch watching the village slowly come to life. 

A few of the younger ones run over sitting by my feet begging for stories about of world which I happily supply while they sit there enraptured. A hand on my shoulder causes me to jump haulting mid sentance, I tilt my head back smiling softly at the Mandalorian towering over me "Sorry, I'm going to scout the area with Cara. I'll be back soon." I smile warmly "Stay safe, I'll keep an eye on the kid. 

Nodding he leaves and the kid comes waddling out the hut plonking himself down in my lap. Winta appears with a plate of food which I take thanking her, the kid eats his share while I pick at the rest. One of the young boys appears with my violin in hand grinning ear to ear "Will you play for us?" I look at him puzzled "Where did you get that?" he scuffs a toe on the ground looking sheepish "I found it." I chuckle taking it of him and letting Winta take the kid "Alright but I haven't played in a while." 

I take a moment to tune it before resting it under my chin and starting to play, the notes come back slowly filtering into my mind like water. Even after so long it feels natural to be playing the music flows easily reminding me of a time before Mando and the junk yard. When the song comes to an end they beg for another dancing around with the kid giggling happily. I oblige starting to play again loosing myself in the familiarity of the melody. 

When Mando and Cara return I put my violin safely back in its case before leaning against the doorway behind them, the kid sitting on my hip, while they address the gathered villagers. I bite back a laugh at Mando's bluntness and adjust the kid slightly as Cara takes over talking. The villagers start arguing, refusing to leave despite the danger. Cara scowls "You can't fight that thing." Mando glances back at me before speaking up "Unless we show them how." the villagers all agree instantly and Cara frowns "Training starts at midday." 

Mando turns tilting his head slightly "If I asked you not to fight?" I grin "You already know the answer to that." he nods slightly "I know. But I want you to stay back. Make explosives then protect the young ones." I smile placing a hand on his arm "I promise I'll be fine." Cara sighs "You any good with a blaster?" I grin "I can build one from scraps." she nods slightly and Mando motions to one of the crates "How many charges can you make?" I shrug "With what we bought I'd say about twelve." they both nod and Mando motions to inside the hut, I follow him inside putting the kid into his cradle "I know you want to fight but you have to promise to stay out of any direct fire. If something happened to you... If something happened to you. I couldn't live with myself."

I step closer placing a hand on his bicep "Mando, I can take care of myself. But I promise to stay back. But you have to take care of yourself as well." he leans down so his forehead is resting against mine "I promise cyar'ika." I manage to hide my shock at the name and clear my throat slightly pulling away to hide my growing blush "I'd best start on the charges."