Distractions

Your P/O/V:

The kid sits opposite happily playing with his silver ball while I make more charges keeping the kid away from anything he could hurt himself on. I hear the ball rolling along the floor and glance up to find him reaching for a coil of wire, laughing I scoop him up placing him inbetween my crossed legs "Lets not touch that little one. How about this?" I hand him a small measuring device that clicks when you twist the top. He giggles a soft clicking noise filling the space.

My comminicator bleeps making me drop the wires I am holding in suprise. "Where did I put it?" I frown rooting around in what is an organised mess finding it buried under a rag Mando's figure stuttering into view "Mando, everything alright?"
"I got a job." I raise an eyebrow flitting my eyes to the kid momenterily "You don't sound very confindent." he sighs audiably "Its all there is."
"Mando? What is it?"
"The fortress! Mando are you insane." 

He shakes his head slightly "I'll be careful. There are four of us and if I know Quinn all will be well trained." I sigh "If you don't come back Mando I swear to Maker that I will come and kill you myself." he chuckles "I promise cyar'ika." I frown picking up the kid as he makes for my welding iron "If you are in any trouble you call." he pauses for a moment then nods "Alright. I'll see you soon cyar'ika." the communicator shuts off and I sigh placing it back on the floor worry pooling in my gut "He's going to be fine isn't he kiddo? Of course he is, his armour will keep him protected. Right?"He coos continuing to click his new toy "Of course he's going to be fine. Don't know why I am worrying." 

I end up making twenty charges before running out of parts and looking for somthing else to keep my hands and mind occupied. The kid looks up his big eyes full of warmth as he coos softly making grabby hands. I laugh and hold him close "Hungry?" he coos again "Of course you are." I tickle his tummy and stand walking to the small kitchen "What should we make? Ration pack 1, 2 or 3?" I laugh picking up a packet of dried fruit handing him pieces at a time nibbling on a piece of mango but feeling too nervous to eat much else. 

I check the time, seven hours. Mando called seven hours ago. I close my eyes taking a deep breath, hes been gone longer before. A little hand grabs onto my thumb, I find the kid standing up on the counter with his little hand wrapped tightly around my thumb giving a little smile. "I know little one." I hand him another piece of fruit staring at my comminicator that I have moved to the counter almost jumping out my skin when it lights up. 

"Mando?" a load of stactic comes through "Y/N. We're trapped... I... cyar'ika..." the connection cuts out "Mando? Mando?" I scowl slipping into an eerie calm as I pick up the kid and place him in his pod "You stay here okay? You don't leave the ship. Mando needs help. You understand?" he coos softly but sits down in his pod while I pull on my mask and open the weapons locker pulling out a blaster, rifel and as many daggers as will fit in my belt. 

Locking up the ship I stalk towards town hotwiring a speeder before taking of towards the fortress not thinking about anything except getting Mando back safe. I've already lost one family I'm not losing another.