Mos Pelgo

Looping my arms around Din's waist I watch the kid who is cooing happily the wind making his ears wiggle. As the sun starts to set we bump into a group of Tuseken raiders spending the night with them. Din does most of the talking while I keep the kid entertained. In the morning Din askes for directions before we take of across the dessert once more.

A small village appears on the flats blending in the dull sand surrounding it. Everything looks old and neglected the harsh sand taking its toll. Din stops the speeder both of us climbing off. "Stay close." I nod putting the kid on the floor so he can stretch his legs letting him waddle alongside as we walk into a dingy looking bar. The kid wanders over a pot on the floor and I follow while Din talks to the barman. 

Turning away from the door I find the kid has climbed into the pot with only his ears peeking out. Laughing I pull him into my arms turning when another set of footsteps approach the door a very familiar helmet coming into view. 

Mando P/O/V:

The Mandalorian in the door way is wearing very worn armour the green paint scratched and dented. Y/N appears at my side their face looking as though they have seen a ghost "Why don't you join me for a drink?" he sits down and removes his helmet. Y/N's face turns from shock to confusion back to shock before a fire fills their eyes "That armour doesn't belong to you." the man shrugs slightly "I've never actually met a real Mandalorian before." I frown "Who are you?"

"Cobb Vanth." Y/N steps forward fury written over their face "Where did you get the armour?" 
"Bought it of some Jawas. You're not a Mandalorian?" they shake their head grabbing the glass of spotchka on the table and downing it in one. They turn away talking quietly to the kid while I glare at the marshall wearing armour that doesn't belong to him our conversation intrupeted by the earth starting to quake. 

Y/N holds the kid close following us outside everyone running into the shelter of the buildings as the sand churns like water a large beast tearing through the town. The kid yelps burying his head in Y/N's chest while they talk comforting words. "Are you alright?" they nod giving me a tight smile "Fine." 

The three of us walk back inside sitting around one of the tables, Y/N reaches for the spotchka taking a large swig before asking for some water which they give to the kid "I'll give you the armour back. If you help with krayt dragon. That thing has been terrrorising these parts long before Mos Pelgo even exsisted. Its a real problem, you help get rid of it you can have the armour. Do we have a deal?" I glance at Y/N who seems to be fazed out of the conversation talking quietly with the kid "Fine." 

Vanth grins standing "Excellent. I'll meet you at front." Once he has left I turn placing a hand on Y/N's knee "What's wrong?" they look up "Nothing's wrong." I sigh "Don't lie to me meshla." they stand shrugging slightly "I thought I knew the man in the armour. Just wasn't expecting... I thought... It doesn't matter." I lean my forehead against theirs "You promise your alright?" they smile warmly "I promise." 

Lingering a moment longer they are the first to pull away placing the kid back in the bag on the speeder "Don't even try and leave me behind." I chuckle climbing onto the speeder allowing my hand to brush their side "I wouldn't dream of it meshla."