Lazy mornings

Din P/O/V:

Family. The word clangs through me warmth spreading over every inch of skin. Family. They said I was apart of their family. My heart flutters in my chest a warmth I've never felt before flowing through my veins. Family, its not something I ever allowed myself to hope for yet somehow one stumbled into my life in the form of a mechanic and a foundling. My perfect family of three. Grinning under my helmet I am for once glad it is hiding my features while staring at Y/N a stupid smile plasterd to my face and heat filling my cheeks. 

They open up the ship and take of their coat before taking Grogu placing him gently into his bed and shutting the hatch. I lock up the ship turning the lights on dim before taking of my helmet and wrapping my arms around Y/N's waist nuzzling into their neck "I love you cyar'ika more than anything in this universe." they turn arms wrapping around my neck "I love you too Din." they yawn slumping into my chest "Love you more than anything." I chuckle lifting them up into my arms carrying them through to our room and laying them gently on the bed pressing a soft kiss to their forehead "Sleep cyar'ika."

Smiling they roll onto their side snuggling into the sheets "Night Din." I pull of my armour leaving it in the corner then lay down pulling them into my chest. Family. The word still spirals around my head making me feel giddy. Sighing contently I pull the blanket up over the two of us drifting into an easy sleep. 

Your P/O/V:

Yawning I blink several times to clear my vision stretching out as much as possible in the cramped space. Din's arms are wrapped around my waist tightly preventing me from moving much. I settle back into the mattress with the intention of going back to sleep enjoying a lie in for once. 

A loud clatter followed by a series of explosions causes the both of us to startle out of bed. "Grogu!" I run out to find the kid hiding behind a large crate, leaning down I scoop him up glancing around the ship tense. Another loud bang echoes from outside followed by a bout of loud cursing from Peli. 

Relaxing just slightly I open the hatch finding absolute carnage outside. Scraps of metal litter the floor Pelis droids crowded around her while she continues yelling. "Absolutely useless. What did I tell you? Don't start the generator till I say. Do you know how much that is going to cost me? Idiots!" She glances up waving slightly "Sorry about the racket. Everythings fine." 

I laugh and shut the hatch wandering back into our room finding Din laying back on the bed hair tousled, he holds out his arms smiling warmly "Come here." Grogu clambers up to sit on his stomach while I curl into his side relaxing once more into his arms "This is nice." he chuckles pressing kisses to my forehead andcheeks before lingering on my lips "I will always cherish moments like this, the quite moments." I grin running my fingers through his hair "Perhaps we will have more moments like this." 

He grins leaning closer "Perhaps." Grogu coos and the two of us laugh Din stroking his ears "What do you want little gremlin?" I bat his arm "He is not a gremlin." he chuckles while the kid continues to chatter away gesturing with hands. I lean my head on Dins shoulder engranging this memory permanetly into my brain.