Bug

Your P/O/V:

I startle awake when a loud clang echos around the ship and reach for the blaster Din and me hid under the mattress. "I'm armed." A familiar chuckle washes over me and I relax rubbing the sleep from my eyes "I'm sorry I dropped a piece of armour." I slump back down on the bed trying to calm my racing heart "Gave me a heart attack." chuckling he leans down kissing me gently "I'll be back before sunset, probably sooner." 

"Stay safe." he nods kissing my forehead "I promise mesh'la." he stands and puts his helmet in place shifting slightly "You know you're jetpack is upside down don't you?" Din sighs while I bite my lip failing at holding in my laughter. I kneel up and motion for him to turn moving it to the correct way "Honestly Din." he shakes his head slightly pressing his forehead to mine "Wasn't paying attention. I'll be back soon mesh'la." I watch him leave before stretching out and slowly making my way to the fresher washing and changing before preparing breakfast for Grogu and me. I also put my welding goggles on my head and bandana loosely around my neck.

Opening the hatch Peli waves from her office "Morning. I got the scanner all up and working, should be finished in twenty minutes." I make my way over holding a cup of caf in one hand and Grogu in the other. Peli grins taking Grogu "Hey little gremlin." Peli and I start working on the ship while Grogu sits in the shade a box of small parts in front of him which he sorts through happily. 

I can't find any decent gloves in Pelis collection all littered with numerous scorch marks and holes so I dig my own out from in the ship "Sorry closed hanger." Peli's voice rings out across the hanger. I crouch down inside the ship and reach for my blaster while a womens voice responds to Peli "We only want the armour, stay over there and we won't have any trouble."

I move around scooting closer to the entrance freezing when the same voice calls out and the safety clicks of on a blaster "Don't move." I sigh and pull up my bandana so only my eyes are visible clicking my blaster onto stun "What do you want?" 

"The armour. It doesn't belong to you." I inch closer to the entrance, Peli is stood with her arms in the air the Grogu is safely hidden behind some crates. There is a woman a helmet obscuring her face and stood just behind her is a man dressed in black robes a large hood hiding his face a metal weapon in his hand identical to that the Tusken Raiders use. "It is not for sale." she chuckles "We are not here to negotiate." I eye the rifle in her hands before readying to fire my blaster. 

She has fired before I can even retaliate sending me stumbling into the wall as the shot skims uncomfortably close to my legs. Breathing heavily I shoot three bolts before ducking back behind the wall. I move to a crouch and peek out quickly moving back when more bolts skim past. I search for my communicator spotting it high up on the counter in direct sight lines from outside.

I stand gripping my blaster tightly "Who are you?"

"Who are you?"

I scowl "I asked first." the woman chuckles falling silent when something heavy clangs onto the lowered door to the crest a familar voice growling out "Drop your weapon." I sigh and move out into the open, Din is standing at the bottom of the ramp two blasters drawn. The woman slowly lowers her rifle to the ground while I inch down towards Din "Are you hurt?" I shake my head not loosening the grip on my own blaster flicking my gaze around, shoulders sagging slightly in relief. Grogu is in Pelis arms tucked in the doorway of her office. Din turns back to the two strangers "What do you want?" 

The woman flicks her gaze over to the man who takes a few steps closer freezing once more when Din growls "Don't move." A strong breeze whips through the hanger loosening my bandanna causing it to fall down. "Y/N?" I blank freezing up, no, no. That voice, it can't be. The woman reaches up removing her helmet, another ghost. Din titlts his head "Thought you where dead Shand?" she shrugs "You left me for dead, he found me." She lifts her shirt revealing a mass of machinery "I owe him my life." 

The man reaches up and pushes back his hood eyes locked on mine. Brown eyes identical to our fathers. He looks older, scars littering his skin. But very much alive. Everything goes numb and I am not entirely sure what I feel anger, relief, confusion "Hey Bug." I shake my head the blaster I am holding clattering to the ground as I raise a hand pointing at him accusingly "Don't call me that. Your dead." I blink back tears "I mourned for you. I was told by Solo of all people," my voice breaks towards the end "This isn't real." 

"Missed you Bug." 

"How?" he smiles faintly "The armour protected me. I managed to climb out then Tuskens found me. I've been looking for you ever since. I should have been there for you." My brain finally catches up with my eyes, Boba is alive. My brother is alive. I run at him collading roughly as I throw my arms around his neck "You're really alive." he chuckles deeply "I'm alive Bug."