Freedom

I slump into the passenger seat with Grogu in my lap humming softly to him while he fiddles with the silver orb. Din sits into the pilots seat helmet still off. "No helmet?" he shrugs grinning "For the first time in my life I am enjoying the freedom. You are my clan, my family." He turns back to the control pannel flicking on the engines and setting a course for Tatooine. Grogu starts squirming around and reaches for Din. I hand him over and he sits happily in Din's lap fiddling with any buttons he can reach. 

Din turns in his seat looking like he is about to say something when the communicator starts bleeping. Din disappears down into the ship while I lean closer to see the name, Caligari. The only person that can be is "Quinn." he grins nodding his head "Y/N, where's Mando?" Din reappears with his helmet in place "Hope you're taking care of them?" Din nods once, Quinn glares for a moment before turning back to me.

"Is that Y/N?" I chuckle as Tess appears in the background waving "Where you been? You disappeared." I smile "I'll come visit soon. We've been moving around a lot trying to keep of the radar." Tess grins broadly slapping Quinn on the back "Oh he hasn't told you." I must look confused because Quinn sighs rolling his eyes "Figured I owed you for saving my people and for not being there you know with your past. Anyway had to pull a few strings and most of it probably wasn't legal." Tess snorts failing at covering it with a cough while Quinn holds up two tracking fobs both dark "You and the kid are officially of the radar."

I feel my mouth drop open all words failing me. Grogu pulls himself up on the dashboard Tess making a very uncharitaristic squeal "Aww hes precious." 

Din squeezes my shoulder gently "Thank you Quinn." he shrugs "Didn't do it for you. Did it for Y/N. Enjoy your freedom kid, hollar if you need anything." he waves once before cutting the connection, never was one for dragging things out. I turn in my seat to face Din who removes his helmet a large smile plastered on his face "Are you alright meshla?" I manage to nod slowly coming to terms with what Quinn has done "We're free?" he nods "Would appear so. Though probably should still keep a low profile. No trackers will make it easier but the kid may still be a target." 

I nod before standing and throwing my arms around his neck, chuckling he spins around arms wrapping around my torso. "I love you cyar'ika." 
"I love you too Din."

Free. No more worrying about hunters on every planet. Free. Grogu squeals and jumps from the control panel joining our hug. The two of us laugh moving so he is sat between the two of us "Don't worry kiddo we love you too."