Ambush

We walk in silence the only noises, bugs and creatures moving in the sand or buzzing around our heads. I swat at one in particular practically walking into Mando as he stops looking around "Y/N get," before he can finish a hunter of some kind jumps down landing practically on top of me. I scrabble for my blaster managing to shoot his arm before Mando pulls him away zapping him with electricity. A second appears running straight for the child screeching as Mando's gun disintegrates him.

Breathing heavily I sit up clutching my side in pain "Are you alright?" I nod slightly "Fine." he crouches down pulling my hand away "Your bleeding." I shrug "Just a scratch, I'm fine really." I reach into my satchel strapped across my side and take out a bandage wrapping it around while Mando walks over to child staring at the blinking fob on the floor.

We walk a little further before stopping as the sun begins to set. I light a lantern before turning my attention to Mando a soft buzzing filling in the air "What are you doing?" he grunts pulling the tool away from his arm "What are you.. Are you trying to seal it with that?" I plonk myself down next to him "Why didn't you say something?" I take the tool from him throwing it to the ground "Sometimes you're an idiot, you know that right?" 

I pull the shirt away from the wound cleaning it with a bit of rag then applying a small bacta patch shooting him a glare "You should be more careful." A soft coo comes from my side and I find the child standing by my knee instead of in his crib "Hey, you should be sleeping." I pick him up placing him back down "Stay." I walk back over to Mando watching as he tries to fix his chest plate "You know you should really learn how to fix this properly." 

He sighs handing it over along with the tools "I did fine without you." I chuckle "I know, but I can do it better." the kid coos somehow at my side again looking up with his big eyes. Mando picks him up this time locking him in the egg while I focus on the chest plate realigning the wires properly. "That alright?" he takes it back a smile in his voice "Yes, thank you." I lean back admiring the stars "I'll never get used to all the different constellations, no matter where we go. They are always beautiful." 

Mando lets out a small grunt "I'll take first watch." I don't argue folding my jacket into a makeshift pillow and laying back. Mando wakes me after a few hours and check on the kid, still sound asleep. Once the sun starts to rise I wake Mando handing him a ration bar before turning away and sharing mine with the kid who crams it in his mouth gurgling slightly. "You need to chew or you're going to hurt yourself." he giggles swallowing his mouthful before taking a smaller bit and eating it in little bites. 

Mando leads the way back to the crest the egg floating along side the kid swiveling his head and staring at everything occasionally making little noises.