Go

Blood is seeping under his helmet and hands shaking I raise them up "I need to take it off." 
"No, you leave. I'll only slow you down." his breathing is too fast and he is loosing blood as he grips my wrists "I'm not leaving you!" hands shaking he hands me a small metal charm on a piece of leather "Give that to the mandalorians they will know I sent you. Keep the kid safe. They'll help you." 

I shake my head tears falling down my cheeks "I'm not leaving you Din. Not now not ever." I throw myself over him as flames come through the open window consuming everything it can reach heat licking up my spine and arms singing the cloth. "Cyar'ika please." I shake my head furiously "No. I won't leave you." 

The IG unit kicks in the grate and the IG unit hands the child to Cara "Protect the child I will stay with him." I shake my head clutching onto Din's arm "No, I'm not leaving you." Cara places a hand on my shoulder "We have to go." the IG unit moves closer "I will stay with him." 
"Go cyar'ika please." I lean closer pressing my forehead against his "I love you cyar'ika."

Before I can say anything Cara is dragging me over to the vent and forcing me through handing me the kid who I clutch to my chest trying to wipe my face clear of tears as we leave the Mandalorian behind. The mandalorian I love. I didn't say it back. It's only Cara's guiding arm that keeps me moving forward that and the little bundle in my arms. Pain sets in too every muscle and bone as we walk, its only then I notice the blood seeping down my right side and the wound on my leg has reopened.

Footsteps echo towards us the three of us freezing with raised weapons as a beam of light bobs along the walls sweeps around the corriodor to reveal Din and IG-11. Alive. Cara lets go of me before going over to Din taking his weight from the droid. Alive and healing if he can stand.

We continue on through the tunnels and I ignore the lightheaded feeling that is slowly sweeping over me focusing on putting on foot in front of the other and holding the kid close. Din's steps grow stronger as the bacta spray does its job but we come to a halt in front of a pile of armour. Mandalorian armour. Oh no. 

A mandalorian with a golden helmet appears but I can not fully process what is going on feeling dizzy from blood loss. I follow the others on muscle memory alone slumping against the wall slightly the child looking up with his big eyes cooing softly. I smile down at him stroking his ears "I'm alright kiddo." 

I catch a few words of conversation Jedi...Foundling...Father...Signit...Clan. But black spots have started to appear in the corner of my eyes. Just a little longer. Din appears right in front of me as I offer what I hope is a reassuring smile shifting so my jacket hides my side, we have enough to worry about without him fussing. 

At the lava river we find an old boat rusted and stuck to the bank , Cara shoots it free and I hand the kid to Cara so I can climb in using the side as support "Are you alright?" I smile taking the kid back "I'm fine." she doesn't look convinced but I move to the front of the boat to stand with Din. 

I lean heavily against the boat sitting down with the kid in my lap "Y/N?" 
"I'mfine." I register some form of explosian before everything goes dark.

Mando P/O/V:

Everything happens so fast. Y/N faints, IG self destructs and we float out of the tunnels a ty fighter swooping down over us. Groaning I put the kid down "Keep them safe." Before I can put too much thought into it I grab the jet pack and take off after Moff Gideon. The only rational thoughts left are to protect the kid and Y/N. My clan. 

Three charges and sheer luck and strength is all it takes to bring down his fighter jet. Breathing heavily, aching and in pain I land clumsily kneeling next to Y/N who is still unconsious but breathing "They've lost a lot of blood. I need to get them back to the ship." Cara roots around in Y/N's pockets finding a bacta spray which she uses on her side and thigh. 

Y/N groans eyes fluttering open "What happened?" Cara laughs "Gideon's dead. You're safe. Mando's alive and so is the kid." As if to prove a point the kid scrambles into her lap cooing "Scared us a little there." Y/N grins sitting up and holding their head relief flooding through my chest "Sorry." Slowly they stand and I hold them close thanking who ever may be listening that somehow the three of us are still alive and together. "Lets get you back to the ship. Hold on." I scoop them up gently holding them tightly while they hold the kid before taking of back to the ship.