Choice

Once I'm sure she is safe inside with the kid next to her, I bury Kuiil silently thanking him for his help and sacrifice. Back on the ship I focus on getting it in the air and into auto piolet before going to Y/N's quarters with a med kit. "How are you feeling?" they smile shrugging slightly "I'm fine. Just lost a little blood. You're the one who got caught in an explosion." 

I can hear the hurt in their voice praying that as long as either of us survive I never have to see that broken look on their face ever again. "I didn't think I would make it." they sit up shaking their head tears welling in the corners of their eyes "Don't. Don't  say things like that. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't... If you had..." they lean their head on my shoulder "I'm glad you're safe." 

Handing them the med kit I watch as they methodically go over their own wounds before turning to me "You need to take you're armour off." I do as told slowly dropping pieces to the floor before remembering the token the armour made for me. "This is for you." I hand them the small mudhorn charm matching the one on my pauldron "Din I... Thank you." they take it and carefully slip it on the chain they always wear. "Lay back." 

I do as told while they gently apply bacta to every burn, scrape and cut they find. As they work they ask softly "What did the armour say about the kid?" I tilt my head slightly so I can watch them work and glance at the kid now sleeping in his pod "We have to reunite him with his people, the Jedi. But until then he is my foundling and responsibilty." they smile sadly "I'm going to miss the green bean." I don't reply wincing as they touch a large wound along my neck "Sorry." 

Looking around the grab a piece of cloth which is carefully tied around their eyes "I need to check your head. The bacta spray IG gave you definetly helped but with the brain I'm not taking any chances." I wince sitting up before removing it and placing it on the table. Their hands cup my face gently moving the scanner around before applying more bacta "You should clean up. You use the fresher first." They stand and leave the room, I can hear them cluttering around in the kitchen making a lot of noise. Standing I walk out pausing for a moment in the doorway, if they turned around they would see my face and I would break my creed. But that choice is getting harder to make everyday. Taking a deep breath I walk into the fresher, today my creed will remain intact. But their smile and the feelings tucked away in my chest that were blurted out unexcpectadly when I didn't think I would ever again get the chance are now simmering on the surface awfully close to being fully revealed.