Thank yous and goodbyes

Dropping the rifle I check over the kid, looks like he's just sleeping. Satisfied he will be alright I turn to Mando "Are you alright?" he nods slightly mud coating every bit of him "I'll go get the egg." before I can say anything he limps over to the cave disappearing into the gloom. He returns a large rather hairy egg in his arms. I take it from him wrinkling my nose slightly "You stink." he chuckles softly flicking a bit of mud at my face "Hey." looping an arm around his waist I help him walk back the egg floating along behind. 

The Jawa's rush over taking the egg. It doesn't take long to load up the parts and we start the journey back. Mando explains to Kuiil what happened while I keep glancing over at the child worried. "Do you think he'll be alright?" he sighs "I have no idea."

It's dark by the time we reach the ship but Kuiil brings some lights from his farm. "This is going to take days to fix." I smile over at Mando "Nonsense. Kuiil has all the tools we need, between the three of us we can get it working just fine." we work through the night welding and bolting everything back together. Kuiil certainly knows his way around a ship and the whole thing is fixed by early morning. "We can't thank you enough Kuiil." Mando nods "Please let us give you a portion of the reward." Kuiil shakes his head "I cannot accept. You are my guest and I happy to be of service."

I smile slightly "Thank you Kuiil." he bows his head "Thank you and good luck with the child, I have spoken." we watch as he rides away on his blurrg before climbing up into the cockpit. I slide into the co-pilots seat the child in his egg next to me still sleeping soundly. Once we are safe in the air I pick up my tool kit "Lets have a look at your chest plate." he sighs "Its fine." I glare "Its sparking and parts of it are hanging of." 

Sighing in defeat he turns in his chair, I lean forward carefully putting it back together "You really need to wash this." he chuckles slightly and I pull away putting away my tools "You should get some rest. The Mudhorn bashed you around a bit."  
"I'm fine." 
"Don't lie to me." 
"I'm not."

I sigh leaning back in my chair not having the energy to argue "At least have a shower." I turn to look at the child checking once again to see if he has woken up "What ever he did really tired him out." Mando stands glancing down "Keep an eye on him please." I nod "I'm not going anywhere." he disappears into the ship and I hear the fresher door and shower turning on. 

When he returns he falls into the pilots seat turning on a message from Greef. Switching the message off I start slightly when the child appears in front of me pulling himself up onto the control panel. He reaches out for a little silver ball unscrewing it. Chuckling I stand placing him back in his pod and screwing the ball back into place. "Good to see your awake. Are you hungry?" it coos softly  "I'll be right back." I grab a packet of freeze dried fruit before returning to my seat and handing him little chunks. 

Mando lands the ship swiveling in his seat "I want you to stay here while I deliver him." he nods towards the child "Alright," I smile sadly down at the little creature "Bye kid, stay out of trouble." I follow Mando down into the main part of the ship "Stay safe." he nods once before leaving the door shutting behind him. Sighing I pick up my tools losing myself in the tangle of wires hidden in the belly of the ship.