Tuskens

Vanth tells his tale while we drive over the desert. All I can think is how did the Jawa's get the armour? Did the Sarlacc die? I shake my head in an attempt to clear it turning to look at the kid who is grinning widly his ears wipping back and forth in the wind. Laughing at his little face I turn back around tightening my grip around Din's waist. Trying not to think about the man in the green armour off to our right.

We reach a rocky canyon, Vanth bringing us to a stop the two of them drawing their rifles while I draw my blaster Mando shoving me behind his back. A deep growling echoes through the rocks multiple Massiff revealing themselves. I jump back in surprise when Din echos the noise handing me the rifle and walks towards them.

A younger one bounds forward letting him pet it as a group of tuskens appear. I relax and check the kid who is peeking out from the bag listing to Din conversing with them "Do you understand any of this?" I smile at Vanth "Yes." 

"Want to tell me whats going on?" Din turns "They want to kill the creature just as much as you." We join the tuskens at their camp and I stick by Dins side the kid sitting in my lap while he does the majority of the talking. Things start to get heated when Vanth refuses to drink their water which I take taking a large gulp before handing it to the kid who chews on the outside instead. "Will you all just stop it." I use my arms as well with my limited tusken but the point seems to get across as they all sit down again. Din sighs "Thank you. We have to work together to kill the creature." 

Vanth grumbles but resumes his silence while I walk to the tent assigned to me and Din putting the kid down in his makeshift bed of cloth. Din follows me inside undoing the rope holding back the door so it falls closed. He removes his helmet breathing a sigh of relief "Damn sand. Gets everywhere." I chuckle brushing a stray curl from his face "Unfortantly that is the nature of sand." he smiles capturing my mouth with his hand cupping the back of my head gently "I love you mesh'la." I grin "I love you too Din." 

We both lay back his arms snaking around my waist while I play with a few strands of his hair "Do you want to tell me about earlier?" I know he is referring to my reaction to the armour and sigh "No. A ghost from my past is all. The man who used to wear that armour has been dead for years, I mourned and moved on. Seeing him again I didn't know how to react. I'm still not sure but I know he can not be alive there is no way." I trail of Dins arms tightening slightly "Who was he?" I sigh "My brother." he nods pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead "I'm sorry mesh'la." 

I sniff slightly "There's nothing you could have done. But thank you." he sighs adjusting so we are both on our sides my back pressed against his front "Good night mesh'la." I smile inhaling deeply "Good night Din."