Dragon stench

The kid burys his face in my neck and I cuddle him close "Its alright kiddo its going to be fine. The dragon starts retreating back in the cave when the spears hit him in the face the villagers trying to draw it back out with hand explosives. 

When Vanth hits the detonator everyone falls back from the power of the blast all of us waiting for the sand cloud to clear. Din swears loudly when the dragon reappears at the top of the mountain. "You stay here. Protect the kid." I nod tensing when he takes of with Vanth flinching everytime they nearly get hit. I adjust my grip on the kid so I can take out my blaster with other not that it would do a lot but it is still a comfort.

I watch Din hit Vanth sending him of careening of into the sky before turning back to Din. "NOOOO." My knees collapse beneath me as I sob into my hand blaster forgotten on the ground. The kid grips my knee gently the both of us watching as the dragon reappears a familar Mandalorian flying from its mouth before the whole thing exploads. I try and get my breathing back under control clambering to my feet and throwing myself at Din not caring about the stench or green goop covering his person "You promised. You promised to be careful." he is breathing heavily as he wraps an arm around my waist "I know mesh'la. I'm sorry." 

"Sorry? I just watched you get eaten by a dragon." he chuckles tightening his grip "I'm alive aren't I?" I scowl pulling away "That is not the point." he sighs crouching down to pick up the kid who coos happily before pressing his forehead against mine "I'm sorry." I nod sniffing back tears "You're not forgiven. Not yet." I can't hear the smile in his voice as he replys "I'll make it up too you, I promise." 

The tuskens gift us part of the dragon which stinks but will provide us meat for the next few months. I wrap it in a cloth while Din and Vanth exchange farewells and shake hands. I help secure the armour to the bike before climbing on behind Din, the kid attached to my back due to the added cargo. The trip back to the ship seems to pass quickly though Din is in severe need of a shower the dragon goop having dried out in the hot climate. 

Peli greets us outside the hanger instantly taking the kid "Guessing you mission was unsuccesfull?" I sigh looking back at Din who is unloading the cargo "Half and half. Mando almost got himself killed and we didn't find a mandalorian only their armour." 

"I apologised for that." I smile over my shoulder "I know." Leaving the kid with Peli I  board the ship checking over all the work that has been done before tidying away everything we took with us. Heavy footsteps come up behind arms snaking around my waist Dins lips brushing against my ear "I'm sorry mesh'la." I turn around looking into his eyes "I know Din. But did you even think before you got yourself eaten? What about the kid? What about me? You swore you would be careful." 

His forehead falls against mine "I wasn't thinking. I acted rashly. I promise Y/N I will never do anything as stupid ever again." I smile wrapping my arms around his neck "No you won't." his lips brush against mine hesitantly before I pull him closer deepening the kiss "I love you mesh'la." I grin wrinkling my nose "I will love you as soon as you've taken a shower." he chuckles pulling away "I really smell that bad?" I laugh pushing him towards the fresher "I'm not staying on this ship if you smell like that." Chuckling he goes into the fresher while I start preparing dinner finding Peli cooking the meat on the engines.

The kid waddles over cooing happily "You hungry? Course you are. You're always hungry." I hand him a cup of stew which he slurps from happily "Where you heading of next?" I shrug "I don't know." she grins handing the kid a strip of meat "Well good luck to you. Feel free to visit any time, it'll cost you of course but still." I laugh taking the meat she offers "We will, thank you." she grins "Bye you little gremlin. Stay out of trouble." the kid coos and I climb back onto the ship shutting the hatch and putting away the dragon meat. 

Din wanders out the fresher in clean trousers and no shirt sending my brain into overdrive "I'll keep an eye on the kid if you want to wash up?" I smile grabbing some clean clothes kissing his cheek as I walk past doing an exagerated sniff "Ahh much better." he chuckles "Do you love me again?" I laugh leaning up to kiss him properly "Never stopped."