Helmet

We jerk to a stop and I look up to find the kid cooing to a group of gathered children. Mando jumps down offering me a hand before we start unloading supplies. I follow Mando to a small hut were a woman is pulling open shutters on the windows. The kid follows close behind practically glued to my ankle. "I'm sorry this is all we have. But I stacked some blankets for you in the corner." I smile warmly "Thank you. This is lovely." Mando says nothing placing down his load.

The woman introduces her self as Omera and her daughter as Winta and I offer her a smile knowing Mando is intimidating with his armour. "This nice man is going to help protect us from the bad ones." Once the two have left I turn giving him a small glare "You could try and be hospitable." he sighs "You know I'm not good with people." I grin "You seem fine with me." he turns slightly "That's because... Never mind." I nudge his side "Because what?" he shakes his head "It doesn't matter." 

I start unloading supplies making up two beds on the floor and making another nest in a wooden crib for the child. Omera returns with a tray of food which she places on the window sill while Winta steps forward slightly "Can I feed him?" she motions to the child and I nod smiling warmly "Of course." The kid accepts the food happily "Can I play with him?" I glance at Mando before nodding. Mando lifts him out the cradle and places him on the floor, Winta goes running outside the kid waddling after her "I don't think." I smile placing a hand on Mando's arm "He'll be fine. I'll go with him." He nods slightly and I smile at Omera before leaving watching the kid play with the other children and getting dragged into their games.

Mando P/O/V:

Y/N leaves with the kid giving me a reassuring smile the same smile that never fails to make me feel safe. Omera smiles slightly "I bought you some food. I noticed you didn't eat with your companion." 

"That's very thoughtful, thank you." 

"Can I ask you something?" I nod turning to look at her "Sure."

"When was the last time you took that of?" I smile slightly shrugging "Last night." 

"I meant in front of someone." I sigh and look out the window were Y/N is now running around with a group of children laughing, happiness radiating from them. "Not much older than they are." Omera gasps softly "That long?" I nod once avoiding all the thoughts of when I wished to take it off for Y/N. "This is the way." she nods slightly tilting her head "You care greatly for your companion don't you? Even with out seeing your face it is easy to tell. I don't know if you've noticed but your always looking at them. Are the two of you a couple?" 

Warmth floods my cheeks and I am glad for the helmet shielding my expression "No." she smiles knowingly and turns to leave "Let us know if there is anything else you need." She leaves and I turn back to the window watching Y/N a soft smile on my face. Removing the helmet I pick at the plate of food never taking my gaze of Y/N.

The kid sticks close to their ankles most of the time before she reaches down scooping him up in their arms and walking back over to the hut. Hastily I put the helmet back on and turn back to the crates in the corner trying to look busy. "The kids tired himself out." I turn watching them place him gently down in the crib a soft expression on their face. "Night little one." Yawning they stand and walk over to the two beds made up on the floor "Night Mando." I watch as they tie a bandana around their eyes before laying down their breathing evening out. Smiling softly I remove my helmet and check on the kid before laying next to them leaving my armour on as we are in a strange place.