Jedi

Din climbs out the water first before helping me out dissapering into the ship and throwing me a towel from inside the ship joining me once more on the grass. I lay out my towel and lay back in the sun Din laying next to me. "How long do you think we can stay here?" Din sighs running a hand through his hair "I don't know Meshla. Three maybe four days, longer if we are lucky." I move closer to his side tracing patterns into his skin "Do you think we'll ever have a normal life?" 

He chuckles pushing a strand of hair out my face "What do you class as normal?" 

"Not having to run? Being able to settle somewhere maybe start a family." He smiles warmly tucking one hand behind his head while his other hand laces with mine "I've sometimes thought about it. Settling down somewhere quite, earning enough money to keep us comfortable. All I know is that my future contains you." my heart flutters at his words and the sincereness on his face "Really?" he grins "Really. Your my future Y/N."

Floundering for words again I shake my head laughter bubbling up "You need to stop with Din Djarin." he chuckles sitting up and pulling me close "Never." Soft cooing comes from next to us the kid trying to clamber in Din's lap "Hey kiddo. Don't worry we love you too." I lift him up holding him to my chest while Din tickles his chin "Our clan." I smile dread slowly filling my stomach as the reminder that we have to return him to his people fills my head. "Do you think we'll ever find his people?" 

Dins smile drops slightly "I don't know. Truthfully I don't want to give him up but we have too. Don't we?" I nod sniffling slightly "Yea." the kid coos looking between the two of us all of us jumping when one of the ship sensors starts blaring a small ship appearing out of knowhere just above us and making its way to the planets surface skimming the tree line as he begins to land. 

"Y/N get inside." Din jumps to his feet grabbing his blaster while tugging on a shirt "I'm not leaving you."

"Please. Take the kid inside." I stand shaking my head "I'm not leaving you." he sighs and presses his forehead to mine "Please Meshla, protect the kid." he steps away hastily pulling on pieces of armour while I dart onto the ship pulling on clothes over my bathing suit and grab a blaster keeping the kid close my chest "Don't worry kid. We're going to be fine." I tuck myself into the space by the door where I am hidden but have a reasonable view of the space outside where Din is standing helmet on and blaster held at his side.

A figure clad in a dark cloak and boots walks into the clearing a lightsabre in hand which he uses to deflect the blaster bolts Din fires. "I am not here to hurt you." the figure puts away his sabre then reaches up and pushes back his hood revealing a younger face than I was expecting and blond hair. Din remains where he is "Who are you?" 

"My name is Luke Skywalker. I could sense the child nearby."

"You are a jedi?" Luke nods and Din relaxes slightly and Luke looks directly to my hiding spot though there is on way he can see me "You can come out. I mean you no harm." Cautsiously I step out and move to Dins side the kid gripping my shirt tightly. Luke smiles all his concentration on the kid in my arms "Hello Grogu."

"Grogu?" Luke looks up "That is his name." I look down at the kid grinning "Grogu." he coos tilting his head to the side, Din chuckles softly and Luke takes a step forward "It was our task to return him to his people." Luke nods "I will speak with him." I tentavily hand Grogu to him watching as they walk away sitting on a large boulder on the other side of the clearing. "What if he chooses to leave?" Din wraps an arm around my waist "Then we have too let him go." I nod sniffing back tears "Grogu suits him." he nods tightening his grip "Yes it does."