Blaster bolts

I hand the kid to Winta as I pull the door of the hut closed staying by the door where I can just see the krill ponds in the distance the villagers all standing behind makeshift barricades with every blaster that we bought from the ship. The sun has already set when I catch a glint of Mando is in his armour from the torches watching as he and Cara sprint back out of the trees.

"Y/N, I'm scared." I turn to the huddle of little ones in front of me "I know, its okay to be scared but I promise its going to be okay." the rumble of machinery echoes from out the trees as the AT-ST steps out into the open.

Red bolts start firing and two of the younger ones start crying huddling into my side. I hug them close trying to sooth them as more explosions echo around the ground shaking from imapact. Glancing out I see the AT-ST on the ground just in time to see it go up in flames. A few more start crying so I start singing softly hoping it will help.

Several blaster bolts hit the side of the hut and I stand hastily drawing my own as three klatooinian raiders run our way. "Stay here okay, I'll be right back." giving what I hope is a reassuring smile I run outside towards the raiders blaster raised. One falls on my first shot causing the other two to turn shooting back. I duck behind a large crate for a moment before jumping up and shooting back. Both fall but a bolt grazes close to my arm searing the fabric. 

Checking their are no more nearby I manage to shoot four more from a distance before cheers of triump erupt from the villagers. Putting away my blaster I run back to the hut finding Winta and two others peeping around the door "The bad people are running away." I grin "Do you know what that means?" she shakes her head "We've won." the ones that understand all start cheering as well.

Omera appears behind me smiling ear to ear as she embraces her daughter. I gather the kid in my arms before going in search of Mando. Looking around in the dim light I can just about make out him and Cara climbing out of one of the the krill ponds. I run over "Good to see you're both alive." Cara laughs patting Mando on the shoulder "Told you it would work." he shakes his head slightly and she heads over to a group of villagers "Are you hurt?" I laugh as we both say it in unison "I'm fine. You?" he nods slightly "I'm going to smell of lake for the next week." I grin and the kid makes grabby hands at Mando who takes him off me gently "Good to see you too kid." 

"What happened to your arm?" I pick at the burnt fabric shrugging slightly "Stray blaster bolt but it just hit the fabric." he nods slightly glancing over at the gathered villagers "You should get some rest." I smile "You need sleep as well. Clearing up can wait till tomorrow." he sighs but I can tell he is exausted from his slumped shoulders and breathing. "Go back to the hut Mando, I'll help Cara and be there soon." I give him a glare before he can start arguing "I can see your exhasted so don't bother arguing." he chuckles lightly "Fine." I watch him leave for a moment before walking over to Cara "Anything I can help with?" she nods towards the gathered villagers "We're going to gather any dead and burn them but everything else will be done tomorrow, there isn't many and we've got enough people. You can go."

Giving her a smile I head to mine and Mando's hut. Shutting the door gently behind me I feel my way over to my crate changing into something clean and comfy. Tying my bandana around my eyes I lay down next to Mando drifting into a deep sleep.