Trackers

Mando P/O/V:

Blinking awake I find Y/N curled up into my side hair messy and a bandana around their eyes. I manage to sit up without waking them and check on the kid who is sound asleep in his cradle. Y/N mumbles something in their sleep rolling onto their back. Smiling softly I start pulling on my armour, maybe just maybe they might feel the same. Everytime they smile my heart flutters slightly and all I want to do is keep them safe and happy, maybe I can give them the life they deserve. I finally admited to myself that they were more than a friend but telling them that? Groaning I grab my helmet and walk outside.

Outside is a mess broken equipment and wood littering the ground but the villagers all in high spirits talking animatedly to each other as they start tidying up. Cara is sitting outside her hut drinking a bowl of soup "Tell 'em you love them yet?" I stand frozen for a moment "Excuse me?" she snorts "Come on even with that bucket on your head its obvious." I shake my head slightly "I don't know what your talking about." she grins standing "Course you don't. Come on, they're trying to get the remains AT ST out and away from the pond. 

After two weeks of living in the village I find its harder and harder to be around Y/N without wanting to remove my helmet. They fit in perfectly playing games with the children and helping to fix any broken machinery as well as teaching some of the farmers how to properly look after it. I also am finding it harder to find reasons to leave.

Its late afternoon when I lean on the wall of the hut Cara drinking spotchka next to me, watching Y/N playing with the children who are showing the kid krill. "What happens if you take that thing of? Do they hunt and kill you?" I glance over at Cara who is staring at my helmet "No, I can never put it back on." she raises an eyebrow "So you could settle down here with Y/N, raise your kid." I sigh "We caused a lot of havoc here two weeks ago. It gets peoples attention, its not safe to stay." she shrugs "No ones turned up yet. They're both happy here."

"That's why they are staying. Bounty hunting is no place for a kid and Y/N... I can't keep putting them into danger." Cara chuckles "Or you just don't want to face your feelings." pushing away from the wall I walk over to Y/N who looks up still laughing slightly "Can I have a word?" they jump up "Of course, is everything alright?" I nod slightly glancing down at the kid who has a krill sticking out his mouth "Somewhere private?" she nods walking towards the krill ponds "Is something wrong?" 

I stop when we are far enough away from anyone listening turning to face them "I'm leaving tomorrow." their face goes blank a moment "Alright. Any reason why?" I shake my head slightly "You and the kid are happy here, I can't give you the life you deserve on the crest but I can't stay." 
"Mando, I'm not leaving you." I frown 
"It's the best thing for you and the kid. You'll be safe here and happy." regret pools in my stomach at the look of hurt on their face "Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt you?" 

Hastily I shake my head taking one of her hands in mine "You didn't do anything wrong." 
"Then stay." their free hand comes up cupping my helmet gently "Please." I shake my head again leaning my forhead against hers "Cyar'ika I can't keep putting you in danger. They'll be looking for me." I bring her other hand up to the helmet putting my hands over hers "I can't loose you." Both of us jump when a shot rings out "Get the kid." they nod running back towards the village while I go towards the noise blaster raised.

I find Cara standing over a body two active trackers lay beeping under him. "Who's he tracking?" ice cold fear floods through every nerve as I pick them both up. No. There's no way. No one knew they were with me. No one new who they were. "Mando?" Ignoring Cara I run back into the village the beeping intesifying the closer I get to Y/N. I throw both trackers to the ground crushing them under my boot. "Two?" I look up at them nodding "No one knew you were with me except Greef. But he didn't know who you were. It's impossible." She frowns picking up the kid "He used to use me as a barganing chip with my brother, he could be difficult. That's how he activated the tracker. But how he knew I was with you I don't know. I guess we can't stay anymore." I shake my head trying to calm the growing anger "We leave as soon as possible."