Training

While the adults are busy learning to shoot and defend their home I keep the younger children ocuppied with games while I busy myself with the box of parts. A few of the older ones ask to help and I get them to hand me pieces making a sort of game but not letting them any where near the finished ones. 

"Y/N?" I look up from what I am doing smiling softly at the little girl in front of me "Yes?" 
"Are we going to loose our home?" I put down my tools shaking my head "No you're not going to loose your home because all the adults are going to fight to protect it from the bad people." the nod smiling toothly "Is the Mandalorian your boyfriend?" I chuckle slightly picking my spanner back up "No"
"Are you married?" I laugh shaking my head "No we're just good friends." Winta skips over with the kid in her arms "He's adorable." I smile "He is isn't he." 

She sits at my side and I hand the kid his metal ball to keep him occupied. "What are you doing?" I smile slightly "I am building charges to help beat the bad guys." she giggles slightly and I turn to find the kid trying to a hammer "Don't eat that." I try and sound scoulding but fail by laughing, he drops the hammer and picks up the ball "Are you going to name him?" I smile slightly tiltling my head "I suppose we should, I feel bad just referring to him as kid." A shadow falls over us and I turn to see Mando three blasters in his hands "They're jammed and last time I tried to fix them you yelled at me." 

I laugh standing and taking them from him "I did not yell, but your method of cleaning was questionable." he chuckles and I sit back down taking out a cloth from to my tool box "I managed to make eleven, I didn't quite have enough wire for twelve." Mando crouchs in front of me "Thank you." I take apart the first blaster scrubbing at the residue that gathered up over the firing nozzel "Are they improving?" he nods slightly "I'm still worried, they are farmers." I smile looking into his visor "People will go to great lengths to protect there home, its going to be fine Mando."

I move onto the second blaster glancing up at him once more "Its going to be fine. You've done all you can. I'm sure everything will work out fine." he nods once turning towards the kid who waddles over to his knee making grabby hands. Mando sits down putting the kid on his knee "Winta thinks the kid needs a name." Mando tilts his head slightly "We can think about that later, we need to focus at the moment." he hands me the kid and takes the clean blasters and box of finished charges "Thank you." I smile and he stands "I'll see you later." I smile and watch him go jumping when Winta starts giggling by my side "You love him." I hand her the kid shaking my head slightly "I don't know what you are talking about." she giggles spinning around with kid in her arms "You love him." I sigh and finish tidying up putting my tool kit back in the hut and putting on my belt with a holster on either side of my hips.

Mando appearsin the doorway "Its time." I nod and walk over "Stay safe." he leans down pressing his forehead against mine "You as well Cyar'ika." he pulls away and leaves. I take a moment to calm myself before heading out after him gathering all the younger children and any who are not fighting and take them to the hut furthest away from where the fighting will be taking place all the while wondering why Mando is suddenly calling me Cyar'ika.