Because...

Once the ship is safely out of Tatooines atmospher I put it into autopilot and go down to check on Y/N. They are still unconsious but their breathing has evened out and some colour returned to their face. "Mando?" I lean forward slightly "You're okay." 

"Toro?"

"Dead." 

"The kid?"

"He's safe."

Their eyes flutter open a soft smile on their face "That's good." slowly the sit up looking around "This isn't mine room." I shrug "Mine was closer." they examine their side poking it in several places "Could have been a lot worse. Are you alright?" I smile nodding "I'm fine Cyar'ika, I promise." they grin "You promised to tell me what that meant." I blush suddenly feeling to warm "It err, it just means a close friend." 

They stand wobbling slighly, instinctively I put an arm out to steady them "I'm alright. Just a little woozy." 
"You should get some more rest." they nod walking out towards the kitchen "I'm fine Mando stop you're worrying, were are we headed?" 

I sigh "I have an old contact who may have some work. He's dangerous but could get us funds to last a while." 
"Sounds fun." I shake my head "I don't want you mixed up with him or any of them." they turn grinning "You do know I can take care of myself. I've got enough training to keep me alive." 

I frown "I know." they turn back to the kitchen starting to prepare two meals "I might not have any armour but I know where to shoot." I smile "I know." 
"Then why do you keep making me stay behind?" 

Because I can't bear the idea of you getting hurt. Because I know I'll get distracted trying to protect you. Because you are the only good thing in my life. Because I love you. 

"Because the kid needs protecting, I know what you are capable of but these people aren't safe, they can't be trusted." they huff and hand me a plate "Fine. I won't get involved. But you have to promise me you won't do anything reckless, stupid, or anything that will mean you not coming back." I give them a soft smile "I promise." they stare straight into my visor not knowing they are looking right into my eyes "Good."