The child

Kuiil leads the way across the plains and I tighten my grip on Mando as the blurrgs trot along jumping over cracks and rocks easily. We reach a ledge overlooking a large building. Mando tries to pay Kuiil who refuses before turning away leaving. I slide of the blurrg grunting slightly at the stiffness in my legs before creeping along next to Mando laying next to him on the ground as he pulls out his scope.

"How we looking?" he sighs "Not to bad. You sneak around the back, see if you can get in and I'll..." he tails of shifting his gaze "Oh no."
"What is it?" he lowers the scope "Bounty droid. Go around the back I'll deal with it." I nod gripping his arm a moment before standing "Stay safe." he nods once as I run keeping low to the ground.

The droid shoots down the people standing guard all the doors sliding shut as he approaches. Staying out of sight I continue around the building until I reach the back finding only brick and discarded crates. Frowning I continue round ducking under windows carrying on when they are too small to fit through. I almost create a full circuit of the building when gun shots and explosions start echoing around.

I draw both my blasters running the rest of the way. I shoot at all the people I can see focusing on the biggest gun ducking when Mando gets control of it. The shots stop and I stand yelping when a shot goes of right by my head "Hey no. Shes a friend." I lower my blasters holstering them and run over to Mando checking him for injuries "I thought I told you to go around the back." I shrug "There was no way in, your welcome for the help." he chuckles "Thank you."

Mando turns back to the big gun "Now we just need to open the door." I stand to the side with the droid while  Mando shoots down the door raising my blasters in case anyone makes themselves known. The IG unit steps forward "My sensors indicate that there is a life form present." Mando sweeps the fob around landing on a small egg shaped container, it opens revealing a brown bundle two little ears poking out. 

I gasp "I thought you said it was fifty years old." The droid raises its blaster but Mando shoots it before it can harm the child. "Its just a child." he reaches a hand out as the kid does the same, it has three tiny claws and large brown eyes. In truth its quite cute blinking curiously at us. "Got to be the cutest bounty you've ever been commissioned." he sighs and pockets his blaster "Don't get attached we have to hand it over." I nod slightly tearing my gaze away from the child and following him outside once more the egg floating along behind.

The blurrg has disappeared probably scared by the gun shots "Looks like we'll be walking." he sighs "Come on. Stay on guard." I place a hand on my blaster following behind the egg by my side. The child sits up looking around curiously making little cooing noises.