Paint bombs

We reach the edge of the stalls and Y/N grins "This is amazing." I raise an eyebrows at all the people crowded into the small space with colour exploding everywhere and some sort of coloured smoke filling the air. It looks like some sort of parade. Focusing on Y/N I follow her from stall to stall trying not to lose sight of her in the bustling crowds. I never understood how she manages to be friendly to everyone offering easy smiles and conversation. She seems to be able to tell good from bad avoiding certain people all together although there appears to be nothing wrong with them.

A loud roar echoes down the street and out of reflex I grip my blaster tightly my other hand reaching out to grab Y/N's arm and pulling them close. "It's just a paint bomb." I look around and sure enough a shower of colour is raining down just ahead on top of the cheering crowd. She continues walking a rainbow of colours showering the crowd below. A high pitch whistle goes past my ear followed by an explosion of blue and gold paint. Y/N swivels and bites her lip suppressing a grin "You've got a little something just umm." she coughs before bursting out laughing clutching a hand to her stomach.

Scowling I bring a hand up wiping my visor clean, Y/N continues laughing "I think its an improvement, not so scary." I sigh flicking paint at her making her yelp "Hey." I chuckle as another paint explosion goes of this time coating her in silver and gold. She huffs wiping her face clean "At least we both fit in now." we head back to the ship and I groan as the paint starts to dry turning into a sort of hard shell "I'm going to have a shower. Do you want any help cleaning your armor?" I shake my head and she walks into the fresher.

Removing everything but my helmet I set about scrubbing the paint of. Y/N reappears in clean clothes "Sure you don't want any help?" I nod and she grins "I'm going to go fix the landing gear then." she skips out the ship and I return to scrubbing. Finally finishing with the armor I change my shirt throwing it with the others to be washed before pulling my armor back on.

"All fixed." Y/N walks back into the ship dumping a part in one of the crates and wiping her hands clean. "You know there's still paint on your helmet right?" she picks up a rag "Sit." after a pause I do so letting her scrub the paint away, my eyes widen slightly when she stands between my legs to clean the front. She steps away smiling brightly "All clean." I stand glad the helmet hides my blush "Thank you." she nods "No problem."