𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟎𝟐 { Dilemma }

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚢"
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Looking intently at the confusing yet very large campus map, I sigh in frustration for the third time today.

It's 80 degrees outside, I'm sweating like a teenage boy after gym class and dragging around too many pieces of luggage like a crazy woman. Not bothering much with my outfit I had on a pair of mom jeans and a cute crop top from a photoshoot I did over the summer. My hair which refused to slick back with today's humidity was now in a messy low ponytail.

My dad, Niko, and I were trying to locate Boland Hall but apparently it must've disappeared off the face of the earth because it was nowhere to be found on campus. Maps were always so useless in these situations.

Boland was the residence building Victoria and I were rooming in just until we could find an apartment around here. Syracuse University's campus was beautiful, to say the least. The buildings were ancient looking on the outside but had a very modern sleek look lining the interior of the classrooms, dorms and major facilities. The Campus was fairly busy since it was move in day for all incoming freshmen but other than that I enjoyed the scenery.

While in line for my keycard, I got a few stares here and there but nothing too major I couldn't handle. The Dean assured me after accepting my admission, she would keep paparazzi from entering school grounds.

"Brewster, Brockway..." I murmur using my finger to trace the never-ending trail on the campus map. The swirly line curves behind the recreation center and I circle my body around in the same direction before lifting my gaze. "Finally...Boland Hall." I sigh, grabbing the handle to my suitcase before looking over my shoulder. "Dad, Niko, c'mon I found it." 

The two boys look at each other warily after I've said that same sentence for the past thirty minutes.

As we make our way into the building the cool air-conditioned breeze makes me smile happily as my once sticky body relaxes from the change in temperature. "Look Sagie, it's the girls who fly in the air!" Niko shouts, while tugging my hand eagerly. Niko began pointing at the cheerleaders with his tiny hands instantly grabbing their attention.

Smiling awkwardly, I take the orange flyer being handed to me by the ditzy blonde and slide it in my back pocket where I'd never look at it again.

I'm way too big to join the cheer team.

This summer has been extremely hard for me.
Kelsey, my agent, noticed I had gained a few pounds during senior year and never let me hear the end of it. Soon I was spending days constantly looking in the mirror, over thinking every meal that touched my plate, and hiding out in my room. Victoria did everything she could by spending time with me, inviting me to summer outings but eventually she had to leave for a summer getaway with her parents in France.

My dad noticed too but every time he brought it up our conversation would end up with me on the verge of tears while storming up to my room. I felt like a shit daughter and even worse sister when I ignored Niko, even though he had no clue about what was going on.

To make matters worse, I still had to come to photoshoots and carry out business deals with Kelsey as per that stupid contract. Some days I wished I never signed.

She never made me sign it.

By the end of the summer, I was down almost fifteen pounds. But every time I looked at the reflection staring back at me I saw the same girl who Kelsey ridiculed.