𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟎𝟓 { Make a Choice }

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝙸 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗"
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I wanted to see myself through the thoughtful eyes of others.

Worthy
Strong
Beautiful. Maybe ?

But no matter how hard I tried, it was like looking through my own glasses with the wrong prescription. 

Except I didn't wear glasses.

I don't know how it got this point. When I began feeling utterly hopeless in a world that praised me. Endless magazines covers, walk down runways and photoshoots to make me feel pretty, actually didn't.

I guess you can say college was somewhat my escape. I haven't seen a camera flash in my face or a tabloid critiquing me in a while. I was starting to get used to it. It felt nice. I felt normal for once.

"Vic" I yell dragging out her nickname. "I don't think it takes that much to get ready for a workout." Sitting on the couch I was deleting old photoshoot pictures of myself, while listening to Lana Del Rey.

I can hear her footsteps from the bathroom as she walks into the common area, wearing a Nike pro sports shorts and a sports bra. Vics body was killer. Like I mean muscular in all the right places due to her dance training. Her hair was in a messy ponytail and her face was flushed, pale on the corners and pink in her nose and cheek area.

Meanwhile, I looked like a sack of potatoes in some sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt, which had a stain I couldn't for the life of me get rid of on the back. My hair was tied back and I put on a Nike sports cap to hide the matted mess, I refused to deal with today.

Taking care of natural hair was a job of its own.

"What I tell you babe? Art like me takes time. Plus that burrito you made wasn't sitting well with my stomach."

"Hey, my cooking is not that bad." I defend.

"Whatever you say." She replies, grabbing an advil.

Okay maybe I was a terrible cook.

Vic insisted on having lunch a couple hours before. The kitchen now fully stocked after our grocery run last night, where Vic picked out most of the stuff. I hated such public settings. They made me anxious. Like someone was watching my every move.

Vic noticed my abrupt fast paced movements and sudden eager to leave. Back home I was rarely in such situations. Dad did the groceries and picked up Niko from school after work.

I attended school Monday through Thursday and on Friday's along with the weekend I would be with Kelsey in New York City for a job I booked. Dad came from time to time but the bills still needed to be paid and he was doing it all alone. I offered to pay the small bills such as gas, cable and electricity but he wasn't having it. Every dollar I made was to go towards college or myself. So I couldn't help but spoil Niko rotten. He deserved it after everything he's been through with her.

The dorm hallways were pretty much vacant at this time of day. Most people were out hanging around or exploring campus. Vic and I still have yet to meet our new neighbors. I just hoped they were friendly.

We headed to the elevator and as the door slid opened I remembered I forgot my AirPods. Music kept me sane whenever I was having a bad day. So it was only right I used it to help me get through a workout.

"Shoot I forgot my headphones on the table. Go ahead, I'll meet you there in five." I assure her.

"Alright, don't take too long," she says before the doors slide close.