𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟑𝟑 { Stay The Night }

"𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝙸 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚝𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎?"
~~~

𝐙𝐚𝐜𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Social media is probably the root of all evil.

People are ruthless. They don't care what they say and who they say it to. As long as they get to hide behind a screen and make others feel bad, it was okay. Despite my efforts to stay out of the public eye with Kelsey managing C-List celebrities, I was smack center in the middle of it all and in the worst way possible.

The door swings open as Miles practically pulls me in, ducks his head out, looking right and left twice before  dramatically shutting the door behind us both. His sly smile showing through his teeth causes me to groan in annoyance. Everyone in the school has probably seen those pictures.

But the whole world knowing we were together was never the issue. It's the things they were saying, eating me alive and throwing blow after blow to my stomach. The double standards between the backlash both Sage and I were receiving angered me to the point every last one of my accounts were now gone.

"You're fucking famous Z!"

"Don't start." I throw myself on his sofa, ready for the shit I'm about to hear from him and my teammates tomorrow. "Don't call me that either."

Miles chuckles lightly before walking into the living room and hands me a beer. I reluctantly took it from his hand. The last thing I should be doing is drinking but I crack open the bottle anyway and take a short swig.

"No, but seriously. Did you know Sage was gonna pull that stunt last night." Miles sits down on the couch next to me, completely disregarding the mountains of stuffed toys covering the three seater cushion.

"No honestly I didn't think it would be that soon. But all that doesn't matter." I shrug in defense. "It's not my decision. All I want is for her to be happy."

"Dude." Miles faced me with a shit faced grin. "You're so fucking whipped. I can't believe it."

"Shut up." I hit his shoulder but a smile instead of a smirk masks my features.

I anxiously unlocked my phone for the third time today hoping to get a text back but I know Sage is still in her meeting down in the City.

Yet an unsettling feeling sat in the pit of my stomach because despite the strong face she's been putting on lately, I see right through it. Right through her. I didn't even get to pop the question I've been dying to ask since the start of the date because of the paparazzi interrupting us.

I feel a small body collide with my legs. "Woah." I chuckle looking down to see Bria cheesing up at me.

"Surprise! Did I scare you?" Her face beams with excitement.

"You wish." I tease. "Maybe next time kiddo."

"I'm not a kid." Her brows crease. "I'm a princess, remember." She crossed her arms in front of her chest and I almost didn't realize the light green princess tiana inspired dress covering her little body.

"Of course your highness, how could I forget?" I bowed in front of her as she held a confident toothless smile. I probably looked like an idiot standing at 6'4 and bending towards a child but I'd do about anything to see the priceless reaction on her face and even Miles though I hate to admit it.