𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟏𝟏 { Scrambled Words }

"𝙸 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚜 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗."
~~~

𝐙𝐚𝐜𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Kelsey was currently staying in a hotel nearby and now she was invading every inch of my dorm. I didn't mind only because she had plenty to explain.

As my very annoying sister walked into my room, she immediately made a face at the mess she was stepping in. I pride myself in keeping a clean tidy area but other things have been on my mind lately.

Other people, particularly.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me?" I state cutting straight to the chase. I close the door behind her as she dropped her purse on my desk and took a seat on the nearest chair.

"I see we're skipping over small talk." Kelsey chirps as I remain silent, indicating I was in no mood for jokes.

"Zach that girl has no business in your life anymore. She left without any explanation. Who the hell does that? And while mom..." Her voice trailed off. "That day you changed. I know you loved her, still love her, but Luna coming back would've just made things even worse."

"Worse for me or for you. Maybe she has an explanation for all of this. You had no right." I defend.

"Are you joking right now?" She scoffed immediately.

"Does this look like some sort of laughing matter?" I answer in return.

Her face morphs into an expression of clear anger and annoyance. This wasn't good.

"I had no right? That's funny, Zachariah, did I have no right cleaning up the house every afternoon when you trashed it simply because you were mad. Or did I have no right bandaging you up after every meltdown. I mean you even forgot about mom's death anniversary because you were so drunk all the damn time. I don't ever want to see you in that headspace again just for her."

I could hear the desperation in her voice as her last word cracked painfully. Kelsey rarely lost her cool. Always kept a calm and collected composure but today I wasn't seeing Kelsey. I was seeing fragments of my father and they weren't even related.

Memories I've kept buried deep inside begin to erupt in my mind causing much more than a feeling of intense sorrow and regret. My past was a very confusing one.

One half was filled with happiness and a regular life while the other resembled hell on earth causing me to spiral into what I was today.

Confused and lost.

"I-" I instantly felt a wash of guilt overwhelm me.

"Save it." She hissed in a menacing voice. "Call me when you have a better excuse." She walks towards the door, slamming it on her way out. The vibration sending a cool shiver down my spine.

Fuck

Every and any emotion known to man was on my mind right now. My leg bouncing up and down by the second was calming me but still wasn't enough to stop the episode that was soon to come.

The room was spinning taking the walls and furniture with me in a tornado of chaos I couldn't control. Sitting back on my bed, I count the dents on the wall as a coping mechanism.

My life is a shit show.

After finishing my sad yet calming task, I open my phone in need of distraction and that is exactly what I received.