𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟑𝟗 { Never Stop Fighting }

"𝙱𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚢, 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚞𝚜."
~~~

𝐙𝐚𝐜𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Aaaaand finish." Sage slaps the last ounce of the cold green mask on my chin as I scrunch my nose.

"Finally," I grunt and lean off of the sink and stretch out my arms in this very tiny bathroom.

My body has been in this same exact position for over twenty minutes because Sage insisted I don't move or it would get in my eyes or mouth.

"You can look now." She giggles and the noise brings joys to my ears, hearing her so carefree and happy.

"What did you do, Sage."

"What's best for your large pores." She answers back. Her back is turned to me as she cleans up and I blink my eyes open and look at myself in the mirror.

"What the-

I look like a scary handsome version of the grinch because every spot on my face is covered in a green tart mixture.

"It has to stay on for thirty minutes for it to work."

"No-" I begin, already hating the idea of this.

"Sage, someone's here to see you!" A loud voice echoes through the walls and my chest immediately falls with a sigh.

Fuck, more people.

"Niko!" She screamed excitedly. "C'mon Iets go."

"Sage, baby, hold on. I can't go with this on my face." I exaggerate the motion of my hands towards my face with wide eyes.

"Well you can't take it off."

"But-"

"No buts." She interrupts and I shut up. "Now let's go. I can't wait for all my favorite boys to be under the same roof."

As much as I hated going down there looking like this I couldn't help but bite my lip from smiling at her words.

"Well if you-"

Before I can even finish my sentence Sage is out the door and loud footsteps are making their way down the stairs. I take a deep breath remembering this isnt just a family dinner. I want to impress them more than ever. The way Sage talks about them means they're important to her, which means they're important to me.

By the time I get down there Sage and the tiny human are melted in a hug so tight I think it may be restricting her airflow.

"Okay, okay not so tight bud."

"But I missed Sagie dad!" His cheek leaves Sages shoulder with a pouty lip and his gaze falls on me.

My shoulders almost tense at the six year old staring back at me as I shove my hands five inches deep into my pockets.

With a head full of curls and skin rich as their dads he bolts right up, crosses his arm across his chest and tilts his chin up. The resemblance they all share is scary precise. Same round nose, gentle smile and eyes so striking it pains to look away.

"Who. Are. You." He pronounces each word firmly but in reality the forced low pitch voice makes my lips quirk up in amusement.

"I'm Zachariah. Zach for short." I crouch down before answering. His chin falls with my movement and I feel Sage and her fathers stare at the both of us.

"Za-cha-rhiah?" He says, sounding out every syllable. "What's on your face?"

"Well it's a-uh-Sage's face mask. Your sister decided to give me a makeover. Do you like it?" I finish, trying to make small talk.