𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟓𝟒 { This is Me Surviving }

"𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚎, 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚎."
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Despite the mirror being in perfect condition the girl looking back at me was fractured.

And just like the past forty-eight hours I can't stand the sight of my own reflection.

Sullen bags covering the bottom of my eyes don't get any lighter as I apply a second shade of concealer to cover the dark rimmed circles.

The flared acne rising from cheeks is just another reminder of that stupid time of the month that just arrived yesterday.

So in an attempt to look like I'm living and not just alive, I continually dab my blotchy skin with a beauty blender I haven't used in weeks.

I did this.

I broke up with him so why was I feeling like absolute shit.

"Are you sure we can go in there?" Izzy whispered behind my door.

"Do you smell the air coming from that room? It's like the depths of hell evolved in there." Vic hissed in response. The two of them shuffle on the other side of the wall, attempting to hide the clear conversation they were having about me.

"I know but I mean it's only been a couple days. Maybe she needs more time."

"More time to mourn over that lying dick? No, we are not moping anymore." Victoria answered loudly. It was clear she had wanted me to hear every bit of this discussion. Three back to back knocks connect to my door before she speaks again. "Sage, baby I love you, but you need a hot meal and...a shower, maybe two."

I roll my eyes but lift my arms to see if she was right or just being mean.

She was in fact right.

"Sage?" Izzy finally speaks with a much more sympathetic tone that I'm not used to hearing. "Ms. Rayes is worried you won't get your featured article done in time. You missed yesterday's meeting."

I squeeze my eyes shut, suddenly remembering who was the topic of my paper.

He had been knocking on our door for the past two days, in between classes, workouts and lunch. Pleading to talk to me after I ignored all his calls. Vic who was clearly on my side refused to let him in. I couldn't see him. This would just make him leaving in a couple days so much harder than it needed to be.

"Let us in Sage." Vic's voice muffled behind the door. "He's not here anymore." Her tone softens.

Sighing while dragging my body out the bed, I walk over to the door and let both Izzy and Vic inside. They try to be nice but I catch them scrunching their nose in disgust at the smell and looking for any sign of the wooden floor.

I do a bit of a double take myself when I notice Izzy's hair color was a dark teal color instead of baby pink. Her usual overalls and striped shirt outfit was replaced with something much warmer but still vibrant and unique to her personality.