𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟏𝟒 { Formalities }

"𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚖"
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I continuesly turn the business card that laid in between my fingers, examining the fine print.

"Tristen's Tattoo Shop."

He spoke highly of them. Highly of Tristen and that alone erupted an unfamiliar emotion inside me. One that certainly didn't belong there.

I drop the card back onto the desk along with those thoughts and grab the nearest hoodie I could find wanting to be more comfortable.

Sliding it over my head, I notice the once oversized hoodie from sophomore year fit perfectly leaving no room for extra space like it usually did.

My stomach sinks and I quickly take it off throwing it in the already messy corner of my room. I sigh in frustration trying to take my mind elsewhere. Lately it seems I've been making no progress and I hated myself for it.

Before I could do anything I would regret, the door slams open revealing an annoyed Vic.

"How come we weren't warned about this last minute calc test." Irritated, she grabs the calc textbook from the desk before getting cozy on my bedroom floor. Dressed in pajamas this early afternoon, her hair was in curlers and the very put together Victoria I once knew was no longer here.

"He told us a week ago Vic." I get comfortable on my bed and drag the sheets over my shoulders, covering my entire body in replace of the hoodie.

"Why does an art major need math anyway. This is ridiculous. When am I ever going to use derivatives on a canvas? It's not like I'm going to paint math problems or-"

"A little studying should help. You know if you actually study this time around."

"We no longer talk about those days and only a week to study. That gives us only twenty four hours left. That's not okay!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah well apparently ditching your friend is" I reply referring to her little stunt yesterday. An art project this early in the semester. I should've known better. Those assignments took time and three weeks was nearly not enough.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh really." I turn the pages of the calculus textbook until I land on the topic Derivatives. "I came home last night and you were knocked out on the couch, not a single art supply in sight."

"Well I was finished."

"So where is it?" She looked around my room trying to find an excuse of a project before I cocked my eyebrow at her, indicating I knew she was lying.

"I just really wanted to give Zach a chance to apologize after last night" she reveals giving up on her little lie I didn't believe to begin with.

"Well he didn't apologize if that's what you wanted" I scoff.

"Maybe not in the way you wanted but you haven't stopped smiling since last night and you won't tell me why. Come on spill."

"I just enjoyed the ride home Vic. It was nothing special really."

"Nothing else?" I nod my head no before inputting the numbers into the calculator. This wouldn't be a study date with Vic if we weren't talking about boys.

"Well I didn't know you liked those type of rides Sage. How nice of you to share this little kink of yours" she adds eyeing me with a smirk.

I definitely walked right into that one.