𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟓𝟕 { Is This How We End }

"𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚎."
~~~

𝐙𝐚𝐜𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

____________________________________
SYRACUSE FOOTBALL HONORS ONE OF ITS OWN.
"The star wide receiver accepts transfer admission to Texas University, one of the country's top football programs. What an unpredictable turn for Syracuse's football team's future."
By: Sage G. Winters (Freshman, Journalist)

Sometimes putting yourself first is harder than it seems. And the push we get, the one that sends over an unexpected cliff and diving headfirst into the unknown, is just what we need.

Zachariah Stone has made a name for himself. To you he's the selfish, overly confident but still introverted, wide receiver of Syracuse's Division One Football Program. Last season's statistics don't lie. They don't paint a pretty picture either. With many upsets due to number four's hostility out on the field, many were sure this was just the beginning of Stones downfall. For any other player the rumors and trash talk would've been a sign to give up and pursue something more "practical".

Yet it's clear when player #4 came back for his junior season things would start to look up. A new season, a new goal, and a new mindset. With his permission, Stone has allowed us to speak on his mental health and the challenges that he's faced while being undiagnosed for most of his life. "Many don't know this but I've only recently learned about my mood disorder. We've gotten so used to people talking about depression or anxiety that we forget there are nearly 300 other mental disorders that people battle with on a daily basis. I just wanted to share that because it's important more of us are aware."

Despite his poor odds, Zachariah was put in the running for the captain spot once his teammate Ezra Moore, current Syracuse captain, had graduated from the team. His willingness to run practices, create plays on and off the field and keep his team focused ultimately secured him the spot until prospects noticed his raw talent and reached out.

Stone was hesitant but still accepted the position and is due for his transfer just weeks before the NCAA football playoffs. Friends and teammates will miss him dearly but they are excited about what this means for his future.

If you can gather one message from this story then this shall be it.

Take advantage of the blank slate.

It only comes so often.
_____________________________________

There isn't much that scares me more than being completely alone.

But here I am.

In a room full of bodies and I have never felt this lost, scared...and empty.

I wasn't alone but I was still lonely.

I didn't sleep a wink last night and I couldn't exactly pinpoint why. I blamed it on the eerily quiet dorm room that was void of any of my personal belongings. I blamed it on my body that continued to crawl with nerves as I twisted and turned into the early morning rereading that damn news article. I blamed it on the new printed plane ticket that currently sat in my front pocket.

I blamed it on her.

Because the second Sage Winters walked through that door, I felt every atom in my body freeze then automatically gravitate towards her.