𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟏𝟓 { Too much }

"𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚘𝚜."
~~~

Warning: mentions of ED

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Today we will be going more in depth with our personal obstacles. It's important we begin touching base on why you're here and ways you can heal. The first step will be opening up" Maria spoke all in one go.

The room was vacant of any noise as everyone realized today was in fact the day. Maria hinted towards the sharing part of the meetings but I wasn't expecting it to be this soon in the year.

"You can speak about anything you are comfortable with. If you feel it's not time to share a personal experience with the group, no one will force you to."Maria looks around reassuring everyone.

I don't want to but my eyes scan the circle in time to meet with Zachs across the room and they instantly remind me of Kelsey. It's the only common feature they shared and every time we looked at each other I was reminded of her.

I hated her so it only made sense that I hated him as well.

He looked away rubbing the palm of his hand to his chest like he was in serious pain but the hard expression masked on his face doesn't falter.

"Is this mandatory?" a younger boy said before crossing his arms. My eyes hesitantly leave Zach and everyone turned to Maria hopeful of an answer we agreed with.

"We will go one by one starting with Nadira." The girl on the right of Maria grimaced at the mention of her name. I would hate to be her right about now. Nadira adjusted the fabric of her hijab carefully, her eyes focused on the movements trying to calm her nerves.

"Whenever your ready." Maria smiled, warmly.

Looking at Maria for the first time, she nodded her head twice while circling her wrist with two fingers, a nervous habit I assumed. Everyone waited patiently not uttering a word because quite honestly this was much harder than it looked.

Being vulnerable with a group of complete strangers that would soon know everything you've kept inside was a scary thought. A situation I believed I would never be in.

"I'm here because I- I have a disorder. An eating disorder." The words are low, nothing but a whisper, but they echo fiercely throughout the room. My breath slows remembering when Vic said those same exact words to me a couple weeks back.

"And how are you dealing with that news?" Maria adds. She is giving Nadira her undivided attention looking at her with warm eyes, arms folded neatly in her lap.

"I don't know. That's the freaking problem." She laughs before sniffling. "My mom just forced me to come here thinking it would make me feel any better about myself. But I just feel worse."

"You are aware of your feelings. That is a great start. Sometimes the first step is to actually know how you feel in order to find a solution."

"I- I don't want to feel this way anymore."

Her voice cracks during the last word and I'm not the only one who notices she's almost on the verge of tears.

I hated seeing people cry. Absolutely despised it. It made me emotional in every way. It was like I could feel her pain.

But I don't think it was because of the reason I thought it was for.

We went on like this for another hour. People storming out insisting this was pointless, others over sharing with the group, questioning Maria's expertise and some not speaking at all. But never did she let her warm tone leave her voice. I'm afraid this was nothing but a common occurrence for her.