𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟔𝟒 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏 { Beach Makeups }

"𝙰𝚖 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚐𝚘."
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Yikes, you look like hell." Vic said, with the words muffled by the piece of bacon in her mouth as I walked through the door and near the porch railings. I dropped the woven straw bag carrying all my necessary beach essentials onto the outdoor patio chair.

"You look worse." I grumbled, behind the shades that were barely shielding the soldering heat radiating from the sun.

Getting up only an hour ago, I managed to throw on a yellow strapless sundress that stopped right above my knees and called it a day. I lathered my arms and legs in sunscreen for extra protection and wrapped my now frizzy curls into a protective natural hairstyle.

"Why do the both of you look like you didn't sleep a wink last night." Izzy grimaced at our appearance while sitting comfortably on the bench. Her strawberry colored hair flowed down her shoulders in long waves and her airy romper made it comfortable enough for her to move freely. The heat seemed to have no effect on her at all. I was severely jealous because within a minute out here, sweat was already coating my forehead.

Victoria on the other hand looked about ready to collapse from exhaustion. She wore a two piece bikini and a skimpy cover up, showing off her legs that ran for miles. Still a smile crept on her face, when she spoke. "I was getting some pretty much all night." She quips, shrugging. Her head turned to me when she asked. "What's your excuse?"

I made the mistake of glancing at the street where all three guys were packing the two cars while we waited on the front porch for them to be finished. Ezra and Miles were situated in the trunk of the car while Zach handed off the picnic basket, then the cooler and extra towels. His bicep muscles lined with veins across his golden skin strained against the plain black t-shirt. God, I can't believe I was checking him out again. After last night that should've been the last thing on my mind.

When I looked back at the girls, Vic eyes and I met briefly and I knew she read them without any difficulty. Shit.

"No. Freaking. Way!" Victoria yelped, covering her mouth when she realized how loud she was being. Extending her arm towards Izzy with her palms face upward, she maintains a giddy expression. "You owe me fifty bucks Isabella."

Izzy ignored Vic, turning her head to me while letting out a dramatic sigh. "Please tell me you didn't?"

The dots suddenly connected. "You guys made a bet?!" I whisper yelled.

"Sort of." Vic mumbled looking down from my scrutinizing stare.

"Sage." Izzy spoke, waiting for a response.

My face contorts because it's been only one day and I've already broken my word. "We may have cleared things over last night, which might've led to a very heated makeout session on your island table." The words feel foreign admitting out loud.

Izzy looked up at me with a raised brow.

"Don't worry, I cleaned up after and..."

"Sage, I could care less about that. What happened to Elliot?" She signs abruptly.

There it was. Nothing, I mean. Whenever Elliot's name was mentioned or his contact info pinged my phone on, I was able to go about my day normally despite the subtle signs he continued to show me. I know Elliot wanted more. I've known since the day he asked me to lunch during my first week at Urban Scopes but I kind of just pushed the thought into the back of my mind and never let it meddle with the part that deals with feelings. He was smart, funny and always seemed to be put together. I couldn't date someone who never knew how it felt to fall completely apart.