𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟎𝟑 { Tears or Progress }

"𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢"
~~~

𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Extroverts scare me.

Who loves social settings and being friends with everyone in the room?

Who suddenly just has the courage to walk up to people and make conversation as if you guys knew each other for a lifetime.

Who isn't afraid of risk? It's my biggest fear to this day. Going out of my comfort zone and trying new things wasn't just on my agenda for any given day.

It was something I had to plan. Like I had planned my life since I was ten. Look how that was going for me now.

Although extroverts are often described as the life of the party or the best people to be around. I've had two different experiences with this.

My mother and my best friend.

We'll leave the conversation of my birth giver for another day.

As for my best friend or sister really, I couldn't imagine a life without her. They say soulmates only come in the form of romantic relationships. But I met my soulmate eight years ago when Vic coerced me into putting pulling the school fire drill because she didn't want to present her project to the class.

I have her to thank for the adventures I would've never took because of fear. Because of my mother. Guess who also told me to give Kelsey a piece of my mind that day in the office. Vic gave the best advice, whether I wanted to hear it or not. She makes me feel whole in a world where I endure constant hate.

She was the only extrovert I wasn't afraid of

___

"Why does it smell like something died." I hear the front door smack the wall, which was annoyingly too close to fully open.

Instantly recognizing her voice, I leap out of my bed and run out my bedroom door. I avoid the empty boxes littering the ground as I ran into her arms for what felt like the first time in forever.

We engulfed each other in a silent hug and tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. "You missed me that much huh," Vic smiled cheekily. We were still hugging but now looking intently at each other.

"Of course, I missed you dipshit," I replied jokingly before hugging her again.

Smiling, she does a once over of me. Her smile fades slightly then goes back so I wouldn't notice.

But I do.

"Come on, I'll unpack later, let's go out for breakfast." She drops the duffle bag in her hand on the pile of mess already on the ground.

"I made breakfast." I wince, at the now burnt pan of eggs sitting in the trash can.

"I'll pretend I never heard that." She grabs my arm and jacket hanging off the chair, while dragging me outside the dorm room. Thankfully I was still properly dressed.

As we take a seat in the cozy cafe a few minutes from campus, Vic and I wait for our food to arrive in a two seater table by window.