𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟒𝟔 { What Don't You Know }

"𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑."
~~~

𝐙𝐚𝐜𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I was addicted. Plain and Simple.

To her blazing touch, rich smell, infectious laugh, goofy smile, raw frame, and growing compassion. The list can go on forever if we simply had it. Those small little details that defined her had the utmost tragic ability to ruin me.

Sage Winters has ruined me for everyone else.

Vivid images of last night infiltrate my brain and I'm instantly reeling for one of those frequent cold showers I take whenever she's around. The bathtub where we both took our time washing the soap of each other nearly naked was more than just an intimate moment.

Something clicked.

Well for me at least. Whenever we're alone together it feels different. I don't feel ten stages of anger holding me hostage due to grief. I don't want to smash my fist into a punching bag hoping for today's release. Instead, I find myself biting back a dangerous amount of smiles and laughing at her lame jokes. Just watching her head fall back and eyes squeeze shut in an unhealthy amount of joy makes my shitty day ten times better.

Another memory runs past my mind and I curse at myself for not remembering sooner.

I'm in love.

And not only did I admit it to myself, I told her while I was half asleep.

"seventeen, eighteen, nineteenth, twenty, twenty one..." I tried to keep myself occupied while she peacefully slept.

Sage's head rested inches below my chin, allowing me the rare opportunity to witness her beauty up close and personal.

I drink in her appearance and my throat goes unbelievably dry at the view. Her hair is tied away but a couple loose strands peak through the silk fabric, framing her rounded face. The pale sheets pooling around our warm tangled bodies misses her legs by a few inches causing the sunlight to spill from the curtainless window to her exposed skin. Cellulite and stretch marks mask the light brown layer and I love that neither are hidden from my view.

My black t-shirt covers her top half and I come to the solid conclusion that it no longer belongs to me when it looks that good on her. The fabric fails to hide the hardened peaks showing themselves off beneath and something below my waist stirred awake, if not already.

"...twenty two, twenty three, twenty four."

At this rate I was going to miss practice today. Even though I could barely play I was still required to come and watch once the grace period was up.

I hear a low murmur followed by a few incoherent words escape Sages lips. Shivers followed the trace of my fingers as I grazed the tiny brown speckles splayed across her nose and cheeks.

Sages nose twitches. "Mhmm, Rhia...what are you-"

I don't attempt to hide what I was doing. "Don't—wait, stop moving." I mumble against her ear.

Her dazed eyes flutter open, and the unspoken words behind them hit me like a semi truck. She yawns, recognition soon dawning her features. "Are you—counting my freckles again?" She complains, rubbing her eyelids free of sleep, blocking my view of her face for half a second.

Last time I had lost count and for days I was stuck between freckle number forty three and forty four. My obsession only heightens when I notice a scatter of them displayed behind her ear as she arches her back for a morning stretch.